Free Starz preview 6/20-6/22

peter1377

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
as usual, no public announcement by E*, just a little square advertising the preview on the Starz page of their website.

Enjoy.

On Starz-HD 9435 during the preview in HD (and no I don't know if it is included):

- Deja Vu
- Down to You
- Kickin' It Old Skool
- Gone In Sixty Seconds
- Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End
- Ghost Rider
- Click
- The Game Plan
- Gridiron Gang
- Perfect Stranger
- Invincible (seems like a Football Film Festival in June ??)
- Are We Done Yet?
- Underdog

and repeats.

STARZ HD is quite annoying with the sunlight bright logo in the lower right of your screen, LIKE I F**KING DON'T KNOW ALREADY THAT I AM WATCHING STARZ-HD THANKS TO MY PROGRAM GUIDE AND INFO BANNER?

The Showtime logo is as irritating as looking through a huge squirt of bird crap on the windshield of your car. I will pass on the "free" preview. It is amazing to me that their management people just don't get it.

the E* ad says to watch the free preview on channels 350,351 & 356.
however they might have meant "the movie in the ad".
or we may only get StarzE ,StarW & StarzFamily for the preview. (which would be a 1st to limit line-up for a preview of "movie channels".

No HBO??? :(

I don't want Showtime free preview, their movies are worse with fewer studios. Most popular studios are taken under HBO/Cinemax and Starz/Encore.

we may only get StarzE ,StarW & StarzFamily for the preview. (which would be a 1st to limit line-up for a preview of "movie channels".

Well looking ahead on my TV Guide only those 3 channels are on blue for Friday through Sunday so it looks like we only get those 3 channels, from what I see now anyways.

More importantly - is your new movie any better than the first one ??

I thought the first one was okay actually. I'm surprised there's a 2nd movie considering X-Files is way past now. Even I almost forgot about the show and I use the username.

Well looking ahead on my TV Guide only those 3 channels are on blue for Friday through Sunday so it looks like we only get those 3 channels, from what I see now anyways.
Thanks for the tip:)

When viewing the ALL Channels version of the EPG I see 350, 351 and 356 as Blue (available) during this weekend and could set up timers. But the All Sub EPG doesn't show them at all, even though they will presumably be available in preview mode this weekend.

BTW the Starz HD channel did not show up as Blue (available) in my All Channels EPG for this week end:(

Talon Dancer

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts