Free TV5Monde For 90 Days + Free Installation, Offer Ends August 31, 2008

FCom911

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 25, 2008
TV5Monde Is Offering This Special U.S.A. Promotion Through August 31, 2008, ONLY.

Free TV5Monde For 90 Days + Free Installation... (Offer is not exclusive to Dish and applies where applicable...)

The facts... You subscribe to TV5Monde for 90 days, and they'll pay for the subscription for 3 months, and even pay for your installation!!!

You'll be required to pay all upfront costs through Dish, your provider (monthly sub fee of $9.99) and hardware, if required (LNB add and/or parabolic antenna).

TV5Monde will mail you a check for 3 months of service, and reimburse all your equipment costs, within 3 weeks of initiating service! :)

If at the end of the 90 day period, you are dissatisfied, for whatever reason with TV5Monde, cancel, and Dish will not charge you a downgrade fee.

All part of the TV5Monde USA promotion!

TV5Monde Website (in English): TV5MONDE USA - index

TV5Monde Site (en français): TV5MONDE : la chaîne de tv internationale francophone

TV5Monde Cette offre spécial États-Unis promotion par le biais de Août 31, 2008, SEULEMENT.

TV5Monde Gratuit Pendant 90 Jours + Installation Gratuite... (Cette offre ne peut être exclusif à Dish et applique le cas échéant...)

Les faits ... Vous abonner à TV5Monde pendant 90 jours, et ils vont payer l'abonnement de 3 mois, et même payer pour votre installation!

Vous serez tenu de payer tous les coûts initiaux grâce à Dish, de votre fournisseur (sous taxe mensuelle de $ 9,99) et du matériel, si nécessaire (LNB ajouter et / ou antenne parabolique).

TV5Monde vous ferons parvenir un chèque de 3 mois de service, et de rembourser tous vos coûts d'équipement, à moins de 3 semaines de l'ouverture de service! :)

Si, à la fin de la période de 90 jours, vous n'êtes pas satisfait, pour quelque raison que ce soit avec TV5Monde, annuler, Dish et ne vous demandera une taxe de déclassement.

Tous partie de la promotion TV5Monde États-Unis!

TV5Monde Site (en anglais): TV5MONDE USA - index

TV5Monde Site (en français): TV5MONDE : la chaîne de tv internationale francophone

Attachments

• guide 165.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 431
Last edited:
118.7 - Hence the equipment commitment and reimbursement (61.5 TV5Monde feed is scheduled to be dropped, over the next few months).

118,7 - D'où l'engagement matériel et de remboursement (61,5 TV5Monde alimentation est prévue pour être abandonnée, au cours des prochains mois).

Last edited:
Too late?

I get a good signal for TV5Monde in Portland, Oregon. The program guide says that TV5Monde is available on 61.5 at channel 606, but I am actually receiving it on 6155, which according to the 'DishCnannelChart' is still 61.5.

I wish I had seen your post earlier. Not knowing about the free offer, I ordered TV5Monde ($10 per month) and Eurochannel ($10 per month) on Monday, and they sold me 'French bouquet', a $20 per month package that includes both channels plus several all-French stations I didn't want (I don't speak French). I would have saved $30 if I had followed your advice.

For those of you who are interested, TV5Monde offers a lot of good French movies with English subtitles, at least two each day. I have watched one every night this week, and so far picture quality has been DVD-quality, I liked all the movies, and there was no overlap with what Netflix has available.

Drawbacks include the occasional broadcast with French subtitles instead of Engish ones, for hearing-impaired French living in the US I assume, and seat-of-the-pants programming changes (next week's movies just say 'Cinema', but you can't set your DVR to record them because they will have a different title when tney air). Oh yes, and all the program descriptions are in French.

If the drawbacks don't scare you off, this is a chance to watch some great movies that are not likely to play in your neighborhood cinema in the near future.

Last edited:
I get a good signal for TV5Monde in Portland, Oregon, and I do not have 118.7. I do have 61.5, 119, and 110. The program guide says that TV5Monde is available on 61.5 at channel 606, but I am actually receiving it on 6155, so maybe I'm getting it on 61.5, or maybe it's on 119 or 110.

I wish I had seen your post earlier. Not knowing about the free offer, I ordered TV5Monde ($10 per month) and Eurochannel ($10 per month) on Monday, and they sold me 'French bouquet', a $20 per month package that includes both channels plus several all-French stations I didn't want (I don't speak French). I would have saved $30 if I had followed your advice.

For those of you who are interested, TV5Monde offers a lot of good French movies with English subtitles, at least two each day. I have watched one every night this week, and so far picture quality has been DVD-quality, I liked all the movies, and there was no overlap with what Netflix has available.

Drawbacks include the occasional broadcast with French subtitles instead of Engish ones, for hearing-impaired French living in the US I assume, and seat-of-the-pants programming changes (next week's movies just say 'Cinema', but you can't set your DVR to record them because they will have a different title when tney air). Oh yes, and all the program descriptions are in French.

If the drawbacks don't scare you off, this is a chance to watch some great movies that are not likely to play in your neighborhood cinema in the near future.

Thanks for your feedback... It is my understanding, TV5Monde is to be moved to 118.7 (and that info was again, just confirmed), Dish will have to upgrade your equipment at no cost... why not do it now...?

The Dish TSR, I just got off the phone with said, he suggested you take advantage of the promotion, call TV5Monde at 800-737-0455, exercise the promition - ask for a 1000.4 to acomodate 118.7 (this is a single dish solution) or an additional dish pointed at 118.7, as the TSR thinks the push to 118.7 will be in less than 6 months.

Understand, the 118.7 location is leased and utilizes a different technical scheme to push signals, requiring a different LNB (Iceberg is our resident tech-guru, and knows all requirements/terms).

The Dish TSR sees no reason you can't exercise your TV5Monde promo option, since you signed on Monday.

For those who look at 129 - 119 - 110 and/or 61.5, this promotion is ideal, as it covers all your equipment costs to see 118.7... again, this promo ends August 31, 2008.

Merci pour vos commentaires ... A ma connaissance, TV5Monde est transféré à 118,7 (et qui a de nouveau été d'infos, il suffit de confirmer), aura Dish mettre à jour votre équipement sans frais ... pourquoi ne pas le faire maintenant...?

Le Dish TSR, je suis descendu avec le téléphone dit, il suggère de prendre avantage de la promotion, composez le 800-737-0455 à TV5Monde, exercer les promition - pour demander une 1000,4 à acomodate 118,7 (il s'agit d'un plat unique solution) ou un plat supplémentaire à 118,7 fait, comme le pense la TSR pousser à 118,7 sera dans moins de 6 mois.

Comprendre, les 118,7 emplacement est loué et utilise un système de techniques différentes pour faire des signaux, ce qui exige un autre LNB (Iceberg est notre résident tech-gourou, et connaît toutes les exigences et modalités).

Le Dish TSR ne voit aucune raison vous ne pouvez pas exercer votre option TV5Monde promo, puisque vous avez signé le lundi.

Pour ceux qui regarde 129 - 119 - 110 et / ou 61,5, cette promotion est idéal, car il couvre tous vos frais d'équipement à 118,7 voir... à nouveau, cette promotion se termine le 31 août 2008.

Last edited:
Thanks! You just saved me $30! I phoned the number you gave me and they will send me a check for that amount when I send them a copy of my next DISH statement.

They would not credit me for the installation cost of the 1000.4 dish, since TV5Monde is available on 61.5. I could take your other suggestion and wait 6 months until Dish moves it over to 118.7, but I have already ordered an upgrade from DISH so I can get Eurochannel, which is only available on 118.7.

DISH says that upgrading to the new dish (1000.4 or a third dish) will cost me $200, or will be free if I keep my DISH service for two years (I don't have to keep 'French Bouquet' if I don't want it).

The TV4Monde person I spoke with also promised to email me a monthy programming guide which he said will make it easier to program my DVR. All in all, I'm very pleased with how this worked out.

Thanks! You just saved me $30! I phoned the number you gave me and they will send me a check for that amount when I send them a copy of my next DISH statement.

They would not credit me for the installation cost of the 1000.4 dish, since TV5Monde is available on 61.5. I could take your other suggestion and wait 6 months until Dish moves it over to 118.7, but I have already ordered an upgrade from DISH so I can get Eurochannel, which is only available on 118.7.

DISH says that upgrading to the new dish (1000.4 or a third dish) will cost me $200, or will be free if I keep my DISH service for two years (I don't have to keep 'French Bouquet' if I don't want it).

The TV4Monde person I spoke with also promised to email me a monthy programming guide which he said will make it easier to program my DVR. All in all, I'm very pleased with how this worked out.

You are most welcome!!! Enjoy! :)

Vous êtes les bienvenus! Apprécier! :)

Please, not a 1000.4 dish, thats for EA, you need a 1000+!

Please, not a 1000.4 dish, thats for EA, you need a 1000+!

If not off of 61.5, is it a dedicated parabolic antenna, if one has a 1000.2?

If 1000, can one go to a 1000+?

What do you think Dish will do when its time to push to 118.7 (solo or 1000.x)?

The TSR thought 1000.x...

Si pas de réduction de 61,5, est-il consacré une antenne parabolique, si l'on a une 1000,2?

Si 1000, peut-on aller à un 1000+?

Que pensez-vous Dish fera lors de son temps pour faire 118,7 (solo ou 1000.x)?

Le TSR (représentant de l'assistance technique) pensée 1000.x...

Yes, TV5Monde is a good channel. It is still available at the 148 degree location. I have not received any indication from Dish that they plan to migrate me anytime soon, IF they plan to take down TV5 from 148.

Yes, TV5 has several good movies and some TV shows (they had a really good one starring an actor playing doctor who was a cross between Dr. Welby and Quincy M.E.). However, my favorite program, the one I watched everyday was TV5's retransmit of France 2's (all part of the same family of state owned channels) 30 minute daily newscast for international audience with a lot of French domestic news with English subtitles. An excellent newscast, but the ding-a-lings back in Paris finally made good on their earlier intentions and no longer provide English subtitles for that newscast. All the other newscasts never and still don't have English subtitles. Now, I watch TV5 only occasionally for the movies, but am considering dumping TV5 because of the lack of English subtitles for the Journal F2. I'm Interested in Euorchannel as it is promoted to have 100% English subtitles, but I don't want to have to pay to migrate myself to 118 because I'm hoping Dish will do it for me when they finally take down TV5 from 148. Many TV5 programs don't have English subtitles.

Yes, TV5Monde is a good channel. It is still available at the 148 degree location. I have not received any indication from Dish that they plan to migrate me anytime soon, IF they plan to take down TV5 from 148.

Yes, TV5 has several good movies and some TV shows (they had a really good one starring an actor playing doctor who was a cross between Dr. Welby and Quincy M.E.). However, my favorite program, the one I watched everyday was TV5's retransmit of France 2's (all part of the same family of state owned channels) 30 minute daily newscast for international audience with a lot of French domestic news with English subtitles. An excellent newscast, but the ding-a-lings back in Paris finally made good on their earlier intentions and no longer provide English subtitles for that newscast. All the other newscasts never and still don't have English subtitles. Now, I watch TV5 only occasionally for the movies, but am considering dumping TV5 because of the lack of English subtitles for the Journal F2. I'm Interested in Euorchannel as it is promoted to have 100% English subtitles, but I don't want to have to pay to migrate myself to 118 because I'm hoping Dish will do it for me when they finally take down TV5 from 148. Many TV5 programs don't have English subtitles.

I have forwarded your concerns to TV5, as to your frustrations, pertaining to a lack of English Captioning with F2 News, in the US. This isn't the first time I've brought up the matter. I took your statement from SatGuys (verbatim), and forwarded — both in English and Français, explaining, if they wanted to truly embrace the American market, they're going to have to go the extra mile... ;)

Nous avons transmis vos préoccupations à TV5, à vos frustrations, en ce qui concerne une absence de l'anglais avec sous-titrage F2 Nouvelles, aux États-Unis. Ce n'est pas la première fois que j'ai soulevé la question. J'ai pris votre déclaration de SatGuys (procès-verbaux), et transmis - à la fois en anglais et en Français, en expliquant, s'ils veulent vraiment adopter le marché américain, ils vont devoir aller plus loin... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts