Free upgrade to HR 54

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
yep you read that..
My friend just moved into his new house. He had been a DTV sub for many years.
He had a 34 and a HR 22.
I told him to ask the tech about an upgrade to a 54 and three clients.
The tech calls it in and VOILA! he got a 54 and three clients. At no additional cost.
Note. He just bought a new 4k TV......Although with the limited 4k service available, he's holding off on dealing with that now.
BTW that title should read FREE not FREED. Stupid me for not proofreading.
OK Fixed it....Just figured out how to do that....I'm still a cybertard

yep you read that..
My friend just moved into his new house. He had been a DTV sub for many years.
He had a 34 and a HR 22.
I told him to ask the tech about an upgrade to a 54 and three clients.
The tech calls it in and VOILA! he got a 54 and three clients. At no additional cost.
Note. He just bought a new 4k TV......Although with the limited 4k service available, he's holding off on dealing with that now.
BTW that title should read FREE not FREED. Stupid me for not proofreading.
OK Fixed it....Just figured out how to do that....I'm still a cybertard
Good deal ....
I'm gonna guess that it included a 1 or 2 year addl. commitment, which to many is no big deal, but huge to others.

If he does decide on the 4k service, at the moment he'll need to have the Ultimate or higher package.
He'll want a new LNB (reverse band for future proof), and a 61 client to take advantage of the 4k.

Good deal ....
I'm gonna guess that it included a 1 or 2 year addl. commitment, which to many is no big deal, but huge to others.

If he does decide on the 4k service, at the moment he'll need to have the Ultimate or higher package.
He'll want a new LNB (reverse band for future proof), and a 61 client to take advantage of the 4k.
Yep...he got the reverse band LNB. I went over there because my friend asked me to....The tech was newbie and was struggling to find a shot at the birds.
Turns out he was misreading his inclinometer. He was reading the percentage of grade as the degrees of elevation. I had to show him the correct scale. I also had to show him a few tricks to get the pole mount done quicker.
he said had had three weeks classroom training and three weeks in the field with a supervisor. He was not AT&T. He is working for Mastec. Which still has DTV techs. I suspect not for long though as AT&T in this area is eventually going to take all satellite installs in house.
The guy is STILL there. Has been for 7 hours. The 54 was behind about 4 software versions. it would not connect with two of the 3 clients. My friend sent me a pic of the download screen. It was at 28% after 30 mins of download time. I asked the tech how many jobs he had left after this one. He said 2. No way is getting to those today.....Pissed off customers.

Yep...he got the reverse band LNB. I went over there because my friend asked me to....The tech was newbie and was struggling to find a shot at the birds.
Turns out he was misreading his inclinometer. He was reading the percentage of grade as the degrees of elevation. I had to show him the correct scale. I also had to show him a few tricks to get the pole mount done quicker.
he said had had three weeks classroom training and three weeks in the field with a supervisor. He was not AT&T. He is working for Mastec. Which still has DTV techs. I suspect not for long though as AT&T in this area is eventually going to take all satellite installs in house.
The guy is STILL there. Has been for 7 hours. The 54 was behind about 4 software versions. it would not connect with two of the 3 clients. My friend sent me a pic of the download screen. It was at 28% after 30 mins of download time. I asked the tech how many jobs he had left after this one. He said 2. No way is getting to those today.....Pissed off customers.
ATT will eventually have all the techs I think, but i think it may be a long time before that happens.
As for the recvr being behind on software shouldn't surprise anyone as it doesn't get ANY updates when its not connected to anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)