Freesat V8 satellite finder Hank's half ass review.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have had this signal meter for a week and it seems to be just like my freesat v7. Even if there is a signal it will not show a signal until a blind scan is done. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? It takes a very long time to get a signal. move the dish a little then wait 3 minutes for a blind scan then repeat.

I don't have one, but you should be able to manually enter an active transponder. That way you can locate the satellite and then do a blind scan, if you want to.

Look for information on manually entering a frequency/transponder in the manual. If not there, look through the menus and you should find something there.

Reactions: . Raine and KE4EST
Hello all, long time reader first time posting.
I bought one of these, received it yesterday, updated to the latest firmware and loaded the database file from my V7HD on to it and used it to re-aim one of my LNBs that had "drifted".
I also hooked it up to my TV in place of my V7HD and the only problems I'v found so far is;
I can't figure out how to change the "Favorites" list, I guess my V7HD was on my "News" favorite list when I backed it up, and now my V8 Finder is stuck on the "News" Favorite list. I guess I could do another backup on my V7 with it set to "All" and upload it to the V8 Finder, but it would be nice to be able to change it from the V8 itself.
I can't figure out how to change the Satellite selection in Channel List mode, prob the same way as changing the Favorite list like above...

Maybe since it wasn't meant to be a STB it just can't do these things?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Otis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)