Freezing receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
Does anyone else's receiver freeze when the Emergency Alert System nonsense comes on? When it comes on, I have to change the channel and go back to get the pic back. Even then, it's just audio when I go back for a while, just black screen. I saw it on ESPN News (207) today and another channel (I forget which) a week or two ago. Does it do that because ESPN is 720 and the stuff Directv inserts is 1080i? My TV always flashes black for a second or two when 1080i commercials are inserted in a 720p channel, and again when it returns to network programming.

It's doing it again! ESPN News 207, on to 3 minutes of the frozen EAS message. And it is on all channels - even AM21 channels. Make it stop!

206 and 207 remain frozen, but other channels are okay. 206 is black screen with audio and 207 is nothing.

To answer your question, No, I have not seen that as of yet.
That said, everyones Emergency Broadcast is different ... matter of fact, I don't think I have Ever got a Emergency on ESPN, only locals here.

Also, D* doesn't send out 1080i, the 720p and 1080i has nothing to do with it.

Each channel (network) determines what signal they will be sending out.
Espn is all 720p as is ABC seeing they are owned by the same people. I suppose they could be different, if they chose to make the changes.
I believe CBS is 1080i as well.
Fox is 720p
I think NBC is 1080i.

And the rest choose whatever they decide on, probably what the Parent company says.

It's doing it again! ESPN News 207, on to 3 minutes of the frozen EAS message. And it is on all channels - even AM21 channels. Make it stop!
Its freezing on am21 channels ?
If so, check your antenna channels off your TV if you have the ability for that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)