Frequency 11929 issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I just put in a Glorystar system but a few channels did not have signal. I am finding that everything on 11929 (channels 100, 103, 118, 125, 205) have no signal and maybe another frequency as well but am not sure. Channels 106, 113 and 901 come in at 50 or above on the quality, majority of the channels coming in. Maybe the dish needs tweaked more and that these three channels cannot be a 100% indication of a dish completely aligned? The funny thing is, when I tried to go back to channel 100 it would come in sometimes and reading a quality of 50 while it was on then if I turned away from the channel and then back to it, it would show no quality on it. I am not sure what is going on.

The goal of aligning with 901, 113 and 106 is to peak and balance for highest Quality readings. 50% is the absolute minimum and usually the lowest Quality reading on any of these three channels would be 60%+. Did you verify 11929 reeception with a meter or only using the receiver? Swap out the LNBF?

A few things could cause this issue:

1. As you suggest, possibly a slight dish adjustment (though the occasional 50% Quality reading does not support this)
2. Defective LNBF (excessive LO frequency drift (swap with spare LNBF or chech the FREQ DEV with a meter like the Super Buddy. The occasional 50% Quality might indicate LO drift)
3. Defective Coax Cable or fittings (using new coax or existing cable? pinched, crushed or tight 90 degree bend? corrosion on fittings? old school crimped fittings?)
4. Local terrestrial interference (shield or move the dish to test)

Ok, thought 50 was the lowest to receive all channels since I noticed some coming in at 40 while I was aligning. Seen some come in at 65-80. So 60 on all three would be the goal to receive all channels then I would assume?

Personally, I would never settle for 50% Quality reading unless it was only on the weakest channel. A 50% Signal Quality is the absolute minimum to assure reliable reception during inclement weather. I would personally shoot for the highest Signal Quality possible that is balanced between the 3 set-up channels 901, 113 and 106. SQ will peak on different channel in differnt regions of North America.

After the installation and automatic channel update verify that the weakest SQ maintains a minimum of 50%.

50 was the lowest I seen. I just thought it was odd that a channel would go from showing 50 to not showing anything but I have not installed enough of these to know if that is to be expected or not. I always aim for the highest signal possible. Just a bit different than the Dish Network / Directv systems as you have to balance each satellite out instead of transponders on one single satellite.

Channels will begin to display with a minimum Signal Quality of approximately 30 - 35%. if these channels display a Quality reading of 50% and will not show programming, there is another problem.

Previously you stated that the 50% Quality reading was intermittent on this transponder. If indeed the Quality reading is 0% then intermittently will jump to 50% and only then display programming, I would suspect a LNBF with drifting LO frequency. If your satellite meter displays the LNB LO drift to be in excess of 3mhz it is a candidate for replacement. If your satellite meter does not display LO deviation try swapping the LNBF with a spare. This issue also occurs with Dish and DirecTV systems as all DRO LNBs can drift off frequency.

The above 4 suggestions should be observed. Cables and fittings can produce some bizarre issues. I rarely will use existing coax cables or fittings during an install and find it worthwhile to run new cables whenever possible. Much better than inheriting problems that aren't even related to the system that you are installing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)