DVR-1100c 500gb hard drive PC file issue

I've downloaded SwissKnife twice. Both times it displayed 2 options for formatting.. HC..?? or FAT16. There was no choice for FAT32. It highlighted the 15 gb 'H:' drive as being already formatted at FAT32. I saw no option to delete any existing format on the drive.

Both instances of SwissKnife stopped working, and I uninstalled it. I also uninstalled the HP program.

On the 1100c USB window, the clip I saved shows in the C: location. With the only file there highlighted, I click on the 'OK' button. This has worked in the past. I also tried the 'play' button. Nothing happens.

I've downloaded SwissKnife twice. Both times it displayed 2 options for formatting.. HC..?? or FAT16. There was no choice for FAT32. It highlighted the 15 gb 'H:' drive as being already formatted at FAT32. I saw no option to delete any existing format on the drive.

Both instances of SwissKnife stopped working, and I uninstalled it. I also uninstalled the HP program.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to format a drive using SwissKnife.

Attachments

• SwissKnife3.gif
    SwissKnife3.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 173
  • SwissKnife2.gif
    SwissKnife2.gif
    46.3 KB · Views: 174
  • SwissKnife5.gif
    SwissKnife5.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 172
  • SwissKnife1.gif
    SwissKnife1.gif
    46.9 KB · Views: 186
  • SwissKnife4.gif
    SwissKnife4.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 182
On the 1100c USB window, the clip I saved shows in the C: location. With the only file there highlighted, I click on the 'OK' button. This has worked in the past. I also tried the 'play' button. Nothing happens.

Are you attempting to play recordings from the Menu USB Screen? If so, please note that it is not possible to playback programs from within the menus.

Page 28 of the Owners Manual will provide assistance with playback or recorded programming.

• Press Play button
  • Select the recorded program that you wish to playback
  • Press Play to start playback
Programming can be played back (Time Shift) even while the program is still recording. Most playback controls are available during both recording and playback modes.

To Playback a prerecorded program, press the PLAY button to display a list of available recordings. Highlight and press OK.

Press the PAUSE button any time that you wish to step away from the program.
Press PLAY to resume playback.
Miss a telephone number, address or announcement? Press the 30 SECOND or the 5 SECOND REWIND button to skip back.
Press SCAN REWIND or SCAN FORWARD to rapidly scan recordings at 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x or 32x speeds.

The smoothest navigation is when the Program Banner is displayed at the bottom of the screen (Press the INFO button). Now press the LEFT arrow button to rapidly skip backward or move towards the start of the recording. Press the RIGHT arrow button to rapidly move forward in the recording.

Hdd 'formatting'

Hi.

Thanks, Brian for the tutorial on reclaiming the hdd. I didn't know it takes a 'delete' function plus a 'create' function. It was easy to do after a long, hard road to getting a SwissKnife program to work.

I downloaded 'free' SwissKnife many times on the church's 64bit machine. It never worked. Most times, it just died. It never showed an option to creat a FAT32 format. The only options were NTFS and FAT16. I gave up and came home and tried the 'free' version on my 32bit machine. It also died or would not completely load. I paid for the premium version. It took 6 hours to get an access key, but when I did and read your tuorial, it worked fine.

I took the drive back to church and it records/plays back fine in the 1100c. Since my very first navigation of the drive on a computer resulted in a corrupted file system, I am reluctant to do that again, although the delete and create process can now be done very quickly.

I think much of my trouble with connecting the hdd to the computers is related to Vista. I have a 3 copy pack of Win7 coming.

I can record programs on the computer parallel to the first recording, (with Catalyst Media Center) then delete from the 1100 drive. When I have a real need to transfer redordings to the computer for archive/viewing, I will use Media Player Classic.

Thanks for all your help, Bill

Great to know that the hard drive format was successful and the drive is once again working correctly!

I downloaded 'free' SwissKnife many times on the church's 64bit machine. It never worked. Most times, it just died. It never showed an option to creat a FAT32 format. The only options were NTFS and FAT16. I gave up and came home and tried the 'free' version on my 32bit machine. It also died or would not completely load. I paid for the premium version. It took 6 hours to get an access key, but when I did and read your tuorial, it worked fine.

Both the free and the premium versions of SwissKnife will format to the FAT32 system type. The Fat32 system format option is available as long as the original partition is erased before attempting to format.

SwissKnife

Upon MANY attempts, the free Swissknife would not load nor function on either Vista machine I have. The paid version immediately loaded and functioned perfectly.