Friday Night Lights

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Friday Night Lights salvage operation

NBC's struggling Friday Night Lights will be given a one week slot after Heroes, on Monday Oct 30. On Halloween it will resume its normal Tuesday night airing.

Its overall fate still is uncertain, but NBC is trying to see if Heroes can give it a boost.

Personally... I doubt it. Two very different shows.

Last edited:
i believe its oct. 30 that fnl gets the monday night boost. tv talking heads believe if it can beat what about brian, it may get moved to that time slot......as studio 60 is tanking.

i love fnl........best new show of the season. i hope it makes it.

i believe its oct. 30 that fnl gets the monday night boost. tv talking heads believe if it can beat what about brian, it may get moved to that time slot......as studio 60 is tanking.

i love fnl........best new show of the season. i hope it makes it.

Yeah, that's what I meant! :D Fixed it in the original post...

I had a problem with the show and its futbo macroblocking. Like we do not enough of futbol movies and stories... Never was interested...

Apparently the salvage operation worked. NBC has ordered a full season for FNL, according to a NBC press release on The Futon Critic:

"Friday Night Lights" is averaging a 2.7 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers overall with Tuesday originals through November 5. The acclaimed drama delivered 18-49 increases from its first half-hour to its second with each of its first five Tuesday telecasts. On a special Monday, October 30 telecast, "Friday Night Lights" won its time period among adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49.

I have to chuckle that a 2.7/7 is grounds for a full season. :eek: But hey, NBC is mostly down with FOX in 3rd/4th place... :D

I think this show is pretty good. Sometimes you have to give a show time to get off of the ground. I am glad that they decided to give it a full season.

This is one of my favorite shows on television right now. I really hope it does well enough so that it will be back for many seasons to come. I think too many people dismiss it as a teenage soap opera or assume it's all about football, when in reality it touches on many different themes. The acting is superb IMO. Wasn't a fan of the whole Tyra/Landry murder subplot this year, so I'm glad that's over.

This is one of my favorite shows on television right now. I really hope it does well enough so that it will be back for many seasons to come. I think too many people dismiss it as a teenage soap opera or assume it's all about football, when in reality it touches on many different themes. The acting is superb IMO. Wasn't a fan of the whole Tyra/Landry murder subplot this year, so I'm glad that's over.

I agree 100%. The problem is that quality television always seems to have a short life. Maybe too much thinking for the masses.

I missed the twister episode (the DVR says 0:00 on the event length - stupid Dish Network DVR's). I wonder when this episode will repeat.

Especially seeing how they are recruiting the players for college teams unless they extend it out another season somehow like how they did with Saved by the Bell the college years or One Tree Hill where everyone comes back to the same town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)