fried bologna sandwich

I have to ask because I've never had a fried bologna sandwich. How do you make a fried bologna sandwich?

Take a few slices of bologna, make three small cuts on the edge of the meat. (keeps the bologna flat when frying - no air bubble) Fry the meat on a flat frying pan until both sides are done to preferance. Serve on toast. My wife will make 'em with fresh sliced tomatos. But mustard and onions work as well. I usually add a slice of cheese. But easy as anything.:up

Take a few slices of bologna, make three small cuts on the edge of the meat. (keeps the bologna flat when frying - no air bubble) Fry the meat on a flat frying pan until both sides are done to preferance. Serve on toast. My wife will make 'em with fresh sliced tomatos. But mustard and onions work as well. I usually add a slice of cheese. But easy as anything.:up
Good Stuff...my dad showed me how took cook this at 5 years old....still make it...so good ;)

My grandmother used to make these every once in while for the grandchildren...real depression era food. She had a hundreds of low-cost meals she coupl whip-up...still remember beet soup, cabbage soup with kielbasa, and prune soup with chicken necks. Yeah, they don't sound that appealing, but they were quite good.

Yep. Fry it up the exact same way. Most of the time I will add to a fried egg sammy for breakfast. Yummo!!!!

prune soup with chicken necks. Yeah, they don't sound that appealing, but they were quite good.

Yucky!!!!!:confused::shocked:yikes

a great cook can make just about anything taste good.

100 percent correct.:up:)My grandmother would cook meals out of animal parts that we had no idea what it was, and we would scarf it down. If I tried to feed my kids the same things,............forget it. You would think I was trying to poisen them.:rolleyes:

100 percent correct.:up:)My grandmother would cook meals out of animal parts that we had no idea what it was, and we would scarf it down. If I tried to feed my kids the same things,............forget it. You would think I was trying to poisen them.:rolleyes:
Agreed. I haven't had any of those foods in over 30-years and grandma has long since past. And I have absolutely no desire to ever eat another fried bologna sandwich as long as I have a couple bucks in my pocket.

I'll try it. I like potato boats, bologna on the bottom, leftover mashed potatoes, and cheese on top, baked in the oven. Love them, but HiFi hates them so I only use bologna for me and the kids when he's not home.

Yeah, today we have to be a lot more subtle and crafty when we poison them. ;)

Every couple of years or so, I buy a can of SPAM (which I call splattered ham, not spiced ham). And sure enough, I still don't like it. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)