Oven Fried Chicken

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
We tried this one last night. Very tasty

Yes, OVEN fried chicken

You take one egg
3 tablesppons of milk
1 1/4 cup of finely crushed saltine crackers
some salt
pepper
paprika
Chicken. I used boneless chicken breasts for mine
2-3 tablespoons of melted butter

mix the egg and milk in a small bowl and set aside
finely crush the saltines (i put mine in a zip lock bag and just beat it)
mix the saltines and seasonings in a shallow pan

clean chicken (duh).
Dip chicken in the egg/milk mixture then cover with the crushed crakers and seasoning (make sure to completely cover)
Place in baking pan
Melt the butter and drizzle it over the chicken

Put chicken in oven at 375 degrees (uncovered) for 50 minutes (or so)

enjoy! :up

OVEN fried chicken? I thought you were a Southerner, Yankee! Where's the lard? :)

I'll have to give this a try. I don;t really like chicken, so I'm always looking for a way to make it more flavorful.

Sounds good, but I wouldn't call that "fried chicken". Frying involves cooking in oil or fat. You basically just breaded and baked the chicken. :)

I wouldnt either, but that is what the cookbook called it.

Cant go against the cookbook!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

OVEN fried chicken? I thought you were a Southerner, Yankee! Where's the lard? :)

I'll have to give this a try. I don;t really like chicken, so I'm always looking for a way to make it more flavorful.
Haha, thats why we have been trying a few new things.

We got to where we were basically eating the same thing, the same way every week.

Night before last, april did a mushroom gravy pork chop dish. It was good too.

I have a fish recipe that is very similiar to this chicken one if you are interested I will find it. It uses chips instead of crackers though.

basicly replace the cracker crumbs with a mix of about 75% corn flakes and 25 % french fried onions ( they type you would often see on top of green beens). crumble them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin and use it as a coating. The way I have been baking chicken for a long time and it is a winner.

basicly replace the cracker crumbs with a mix of about 75% corn flakes and 25 % french fried onions ( they type you would often see on top of green beens). crumble them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin and use it as a coating. The way I have been baking chicken for a long time and it is a winner.
Good idea:up

I will try that next time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts