Fried Diamond?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
We had a power outage today and then it came on and then went out and then came on and then....

According to the wife, it flashed several times and then went off for a while. It is now back on but she can't get any channels on the satellite.
I am at work so I logged on to my Hava and checked it out. The OTA channels show no signal and when I go into the satellite setup, the signal jumps from 4-98% constantly and the quality is stuck at 47%. When I change channels, the screen says, "Moving" and then changes to "No signal" after a while. I don't know if the motor is actually moving because it's too dark for my wife to see the dish.
So, I guess it could be the receiver (A Diamond 9000HD which I'm secretly hoping is dead so I can get an AZBox!), the lnb, motor (hope it's not that. I love the DG380!), or the switch (that covers everything, right?). Or perhaps a combination.

Edit: Did a factory reset and it's doing the same thing. BAH! I'll try out another receiver when I get to the house. As long as the motor is o.k., I'm good to go. I actually hope it's the switch but we shall see (although if it is the receiver, the kids will be sad with no PBS until a replacement HD receiver is purchased).

It may be time to pull out the home made OTA antenna.
How to build a HDTV Antenna....CHEAP!

Good luck with your equipment and please keep us informed.
Thanks

We had a power outage today and then it came on and then went out and then came on and then....

According to the wife, it flashed several times and then went off for a while. It is now back on but she can't get any channels on the satellite.
I am at work so I logged on to my Hava and checked it out. The OTA channels show no signal and when I go into the satellite setup, the signal jumps from 4-98% constantly and the quality is stuck at 47%. When I change channels, the screen says, "Moving" and then changes to "No signal" after a while. I don't know if the motor is actually moving because it's too dark for my wife to see the dish.
So, I guess it could be the receiver (A Diamond 9000HD which I'm secretly hoping is dead so I can get an AZBox!), the lnb, motor (hope it's not that. I love the DG380!), or the switch (that covers everything, right?). Or perhaps a combination.

Edit: Did a factory reset and it's doing the same thing. BAH! I'll try out another receiver when I get to the house. As long as the motor is o.k., I'm good to go. I actually hope it's the switch but we shall see (although if it is the receiver, the kids will be sad with no PBS until a replacement HD receiver is purchased).

The foil part makes it more directional if one needs that.
Do you have a local PBS?
Also TV Fool is the place to see what stations are in a given location.

That's actually where I got instructions on how to make my OTA antenna. I didn't use the foil part, though. Just the coat hangers and 2x4. It works a ton better than the $50 one I tried from the Home Depot.

The foil part makes it more directional if one needs that.
Do you have a local PBS?
Also TV Fool is the place to see what stations are in a given location.

We do have local PBS. It's schedule isn't as good as the national ones, though. We're surrounded by TV channels. It was tough trying to pull in good signals for every local with one antenna.

Try re-flashing the firmware.

I had a lcd HD tv set become a brick last year due to a quick "0n-off, on-off, 8 TIMES in a row" power outage. That weird long and deadly wave-form type spike got through a real good, very expensive power filter, and made my tv brain-dead. Stupid thing was, I had recently removed the tv from the UPS it used to be connected to, as it was slightly too small wattage for it. Everything connected to the UPS survived just fine. I've since bought a larger UPS for the tv.

I re-flashed the firmware (lucky mine supports this) and, it came back to life!

Made me happy, because it was only a little over 1 year old at the time..

Not fried! A hard reset solved everything. Troubleshooting is a lot easier when I'm not at work.
Anyhow, I did a factory reset and my channel backup is on my laptop which is at work. Does anyone have a semi-recent ndf file I can load up?
Thanks!
Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts