OTHER Is this circuit board fried?

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I have gotten curious enough to open up this X2 box, just to see what's inside. Unfortunately I couldn't make out what processor it has, which was my quest.. I did find several brownish spots on the mainboard, which was unusual, I think. Almost looks like something was spilled, but the spots are by 3 diff places on the board where small connectors plug in. Apologize for the picture, couldn't figure out a way to manually focus the stupid camera when it's on Macro mode. Box works, mostly, but sometimes it acts funny, like showing great signal strength on a strong channel, but zero for quality. Seems to blind scan just fine. Anybody got any ideas what this might be ?

Attachments

• 0001.jpeg
    0001.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 222
That looks like some sort of adhesive to help keep the connector in place.

Kinda looks like something got spilled or dripped on it and then toasted from the heat. Look up under the lid and see if there's residue on it.

Thanks guys, I thought it might be some type glue but wasn't sure. I've owned it since new and nothing has been spilled on it. Yet, haha.
Just never seen anything that runny used on one before, but I haven't studied too many either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)