Fried Diseqc anyone ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Well it smells funny, kind of like something burning.

Was trying to do a 2 dish setup, port 1 and 2 , went to my STB powered on and the STB powers off and back on and off and on, you get the idea.

Was wondering if disecq were to be no good, what are the usual signs of trouble.

By the way, tried this with other STB and samething happened.

I did not configure STB yet to disecq ports but thought I could do that later.

Anyone have any ideas ?

well the smell doesn't sownd good but its supposed to default to lnb1 (port 1) but mine sometimes did and sometimes just acted like nothing was there. so try telling you stb that you have one and see if it find it.

I'm gonna play with it right now that no one is watching TV.
I'll let you know if I come to any conclusion as to why both STB's I've tried don't want to work.

Gotta luv that smell. If you ever get a chance, take an old aol cd and find a microwave that no one uses to really cook stuff in... and zap the cd, shiny side up for 10 seconds. I did that a few years back. One of the coolest, although probably most dangerous, lightshows around.

Another good smell is a fried CPU when the fan and heat sink falls off.
Talk about a smell that will clean out a room. lol

You know when you you smell the aroma of fried electronics that you'll be spending some big money soon :(

It might be a good idea not to connect anything else to the antenna/switch until you replace it, fried components often cause the failure of other connected devices (your receivers, for instance)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)