Fringe: Season 4

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Let's see...where did we leave off with last season's cliffhanger...oh yeah, it was a doozie! Oliva was shot in the head (JFK style) and Peter never existed in either world - he was an illusion. Oh yeah, and both world are heading for destruction and I still have no idea who the observers are or why they are observing us...or what happened to the missing pieces of Walter's brain for that matter (or gray matter). :rolleyes:

I guess all will be answer this coming season because I have a feeling it will be the last.

23 September 2011: Neither Here Nor There

"Just one week after Peter Bishop saved the day and was then wiped from existence, the truce between the two worlds remains intact and the two sides are forced to work together. Lincoln Lee joins the team as they investigate a shapeshifter case that he is personally invested in."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: IMDb - "Fringe" Neither Here Nor There (TV episode 2011)

It's simple, think of it:

He didn't really cease to exist, he just basically never got kidnapped by Walter when he was 10 years old. So, he just grew up normally, and went on to do whatever he was destined to do originally.

So, that basically "negated" everything having to do with his presence in the series as we've seen it, but he still exists as a person.

At least, that's what the obvious thinking would be for a conclusion to how easy it would be for them to "get him back". They don't have to get him back, they simply have to "recruit him" in what would be the "first place".

Well, the show was definitely a bit strange without Peter in the picture. Of course, since his face kept popping-up all over the place---giving Walter fits---it's obvious The Observer is going to fudge the playbook once again.

It's simple, think of it:

He didn't really cease to exist, he just basically never got kidnapped by Walter when he was 10 years old. So, he just grew up normally, and went on to do whatever he was destined to do originally.

Actually he would be dead in both Universes. Walter went over to kidnap and cure the other Peter after his died. He was watching through the viewer and saw Walternate miss the cure. He then crossed over and kidnapped the sick Peter and cure him. He then was unable to bring himself to return alternate Peter.

So, in theory both Peters would have died in childhood.

Without Peter I just don't see how they (both Universes) arrived at where they're currently at...that would need too much explaining. Seriously, there's no "Universal Tear" without Walter needing to save Peternate. WTF? Anyway, I imagine Walter will continue to seeing images of Peternate Twice Removed (that's what he really is) in his Jello Pops and feeling like something is amiss...until The Observer brings him back in a couple shows and nobody remembers him being ever gone from existence. Of course, Peter's non-existence turns out to be nothing more than season finale fodder.

I'm totally lost now. IS there still two earths? How are they able to exist in the same room? Did Peter cause the rift to open to both worlds and now they can coexist only in this one room? Please someone fill me in on the story , because I've forgotten what is going on.

I'm totally lost now. IS there still two earths? How are they able to exist in the same room? Did Peter cause the rift to open to both worlds and now they can coexist only in this one room? Please someone fill me in on the story , because I've forgotten what is going on.

I wish that I could help you but the writers would have to go back and tell us the story from Day 1 (a Peter less version) forward. Again, they need to bring back Peter because the story makes no sense.

Right now there are still 2 universes/earths. They both overlap in that room and they can interact. It is unclear what is happening outside the room - like are tears still opening in the alternate earth that need to be stopped? Peter appears to have wiped himself out of reality, but seems to somehow still exist (trapped between the 2 universes?).

Thanks guys. I thought there was two earths. But I guess I got confused from the finale last spring where they showed one earth and both Walters living on the same planet in the near future.

Where is Peter?
The Observers (i.e., Bald Guys) decided to erase Peter from existence during last year's season finale. Apparenly they originally "put him there" to serve a purpose (which I assumed to mean having Walter/Walternate punch holes between the parallel universes) only to get rid of Peter---with nobody having memories of him---since he was no longer needed. Okay, assuming the viewing public buys into this hogwash...the writers would need to explain how they arrived at their current state of affairs since Peter never existed? :confused:

If that's not bad enough...somehow Walter is seeing images of Peter (we'll call them Peter Tracks :rolleyes: ) in mirrors and television sets...and he is frightened by them. Moreover, Walter keeps complaining that "something is askew" (e.g., he keeps asking if someone has altered the temperature, humidity, etc. in the lab) but he can't put his finger on the change. To top it all off, the Bald Guy is building a widget of some sort from old vacuum tubes that---from what I could gather---will completely erase Peter from existence. I guess he only deleted Peter and now he's having to perform a wipe-disk, so to speak.

Confused? Join the crowd! The Observers need to bring Peter back and have everything go back to normal, or paranormal, just like the season finale never existed. In other words, they need to perform a reverse Peter Pulling. :D

7 October 2011: Alone in the World

"The Fringe team investigates when the bodies of two 12-year-olds are found in an advanced state of decomposition just hours after bullying another boy; Walter grows more and more distracted by hallucinations."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "Fringe" Alone in the World (TV episode 2011) - IMDb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)