From the "D'OH" category

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, even after 2 1/2 years of pointing dishes, tuning signals, running cables and hooking up switches, even I can do some "D'OH" things (I'm blaming the heat)

Friday I hooked up a FTA box in the computer room with the 4LNB combo (G4 C-Band, G10, SBS6, Nimiq1) and everything was fine but the signal on 11720 would cut out and pixelate real bad. Sometimes it wouldn't even lock. The rest were fine

Saturday 11799 would have dropouts and pixelation. So I thought maybe bad cable...nah everything else works fine. Listened to Power 97 for 2 hours yesterday with no issues and watched G4 nets with no issues.

So tonight I hook up my Pansat in the living room and G10 was LOW (45 on 11799 and really low on 11720) and G4 was low (45)

Well folks, today in Minneapolis it hit 100 and at 9:00 it still was 87. The G4 dish was easy...there is a board between the cable spools and that got shifted (we had 30mph winds). Pounded that vertical...bam 75 on nets

So now I work on G10. Swapped LNB's and nothing...same thing. So I decided to "flex" the dish (lean into it). Well I went to lean into it and the dish moved all right.

Yep. Last time I was working on it (Friday) I only finger tightened the top bolt and didnt even tighten the lower bolt. So the 30+ mph winds we have had kept jostling the dish.... D'OH!!

Tightened it down and we're back in business :)

:) Glad you found the problem :)

Done that before!

VERY hot today! The kind of day where you can't stand on a roof or the shingle melts under foot and its like walking on ice!

Not a day for shorts on the roof!

Thank goodness this one is on the deck. I wasn't going on the roof...barely went outside today :)

My favorite D'uhs are scanning c band with a LO of 10750 and ku band with a LO of 5150, then trying to figure out why those channels I KNOW are there arent coming in ;). I do this all the time on my satworks, it is not setup to store different sat dishs.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)