Frontier Communications Files for Bankruptcy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Windows Server 2002? I worked with 2003 and SBS 2003, but don’t remember any 2002 versions.

Making progress. :)

IMG_7715.JPG

IMG_7716.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: KE4EST
I almost went with Broadacst Pix but since I was already a Tricaster House and am running everything through NDI I decided to stay. Broadcast Pix is also a pain to set up presets. You are using it in a studio setting so it works but for a town meeting setup it's not as plug and play.

Have you two checked out Alex Lindsay’s YouTube daily Zoom Meeting production called “Office Hours”? It’s a group of AV Professionals who spend an hour answering questions about pretty much any topic related to Audio (microphones, placement, talent packages, back channels), Video (cameras, frame rate, resolution, encoding, color correction), Technical Production (audio encoding, boards, low-end switchers, high-end switchers, Computer-based software switchers), Staging (lighting, sets, backdrops, rigging), and Streaming.

The second hour usually focuses on a specific topic, like Saturday is Focus on Education. Topics in the past have run a wide gamut from How to Produce to How to Host a Shared Discussion while Watching a Movie on Disney+. On Christmas Eve they interviewed Alex’s neighbor Elmo Shropshire who sang “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”:

Alex started this in Spring 2020 to help share experiences of streaming quality AudioVideo that he has learned over the past decades of his job. It’s grown into a Daily experience that he hopes outlasts COVID restrictions.

Have you two checked out Alex Lindsay’s YouTube daily production called “Office Hours”? It’s a group of AV Professionals who spend an hour answering questions about pretty much any topic related to Audio (microphones, placement, talent packages, back channels), Video (cameras, frame rate, resolution, encoding, color correction), Technical Production (audio encoding, boards, low-end switchers, high-end switchers, Computer-based software switchers), Staging (lighting, sets, backdrops, rigging), and Streaming.

The second hour usually focuses on a specific topic, like Saturday is Focus on Education. Topics in the past have run a wide gamut from How to Produce to How to Host a Shared Discussion while Watching a Movie on Disney+. On Christmas Eve they interviewed Alex’s neighbor Elmo Schropshire who sang “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”.

Alex started this in Spring 2020 to help share experiences of streaming quality AudioVideo that he has learned over the past decades of his job. It’s grown into a Daily experience that he hopes outlasts COVID restrictions.

Is PixelCorps still around or did he end that?

My in-Laws had FiOS installed when it was still Verizon in their city, but sold to Frontier and their monthly telecommunications, Internet, and TV service has now tripled in cost from what it was originally.

None of them are what they were pre cell phone. Most business lines are voip now aren’t they.
Not trying to be funny..but when you use a cell phone you are still using the legacy tellco company regardless what cell phone company you chose..phone company still gets their cut

Not trying to be funny..but when you use a cell phone you are still using the legacy tellco company regardless what cell phone company you chose..phone company still gets their cut
Sure at the head end, but how many homes still have landlines?

Landlines or VOIP ?
I would guess maybe 10% (that might be a bit high on the landline side, but a lot of older people still have them ...
Also, a lot of people have Voip and don't know it, as companies have been giving Voip when ever someone calls in and wants a phone line ...

Doesn't really matter...landlines only made money when people used them and purchased features...now the phone company can cut costs by eliminating jobs and still make hefty profit from the switching network..its not just a head end..lets not forget who invented the cell phone, transistor, unix amongst many other things

About 8 years ago, I had HELL getting landline to our new building. They insisted all locations in Fairfax county had landlines already. There was a temporary drop to our location for construction, apparently done on the sly. I’ve left a lot out about this process

It was finally solved by an executive who had access to senior people at our local teleco. We got OC12, which is what I requested for future expansion. Guy came out, said we already had service, which we didn’t. I said lay the lines now, or we will make a phone call to establish service, which you haven’t even checked.

We never saw him again. But got our OC12, AT NO CHARGE, due to their stupidity. We actually went for a while without any phone service, and were preparing a lawsuit.

As a one-time (long time ago) investor in Frontier, I sold out when I read their Annual Report and saw the execs were just bleeding the company of all it's assets through rediculously high salaries for their positions, They then did reverse splits and kept stealing from the kitty!

None of them are what they were pre cell phone. Most business lines are voip now aren’t they.
Most businesses have been using data lines rather than POTS for a long time. Some have transitioned to VOIP but many are still running PBX equipment. I managed a small business phone system and we had been using a hybrid T1 (voice and data on a single T1) for years.

Most businesses have been using data lines rather than POTS for a long time. Some have transitioned to VOIP but many are still running PBX equipment. I managed a small business phone system and we had been using a hybrid T1 (voice and data on a single T1) for years.
How long ago ?
If your using PBX still, your about 3 centuries behind.

Reactions: Juan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)