Frustrated To Say The Least

beauseph2008

Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Ok, so last week we were able to get one local HD channel in our area (MADISON WI) It is Fox 47 out of Madison. We do not have the 61.5 dish, so we needed to get it. We get our dish service through TDS Telecom, we have it bundled with our internet and phone service. Well I called the Dish Network Bundled account number a little while ago and had everything set up for the new install of the sattellite on Monday morning. I didn't have to pay, I just had to extend my contract for 2 years, and I got 3 months of HBO and Showtime. Well I thought everything was good until after I got off the phone with the lady and I turn on my tv and see that ALL of my local channels were missing. So I got back on the phone and another rep. told me they have to take off the locals until the new sattellitte is up. Well I told her to scrap the whole plan because I can't go until Monday morning without my locals, I would miss tons of football, news, etc. So I told her no to everything. Is this was is supposed to happen? Do you lose your locals until the new dish is up? I have been waiting for locals in HD forever, and now that one if finally here, I have to go 6 days without my other ones?!

So your saying that they shouldn't have to turn off my locals in SD in order to get my one freakin HD local channel on Monday?

Ok, so last week we were able to get one local HD channel in our area (MADISON WI) It is Fox 47 out of Madison. We do not have the 61.5 dish, so we needed to get it. We get our dish service through TDS Telecom, we have it bundled with our internet and phone service. Well I called the Dish Network Bundled account number a little while ago and had everything set up for the new install of the sattellite on Monday morning. I didn't have to pay, I just had to extend my contract for 2 years, and I got 3 months of HBO and Showtime. Well I thought everything was good until after I got off the phone with the lady and I turn on my tv and see that ALL of my local channels were missing. So I got back on the phone and another rep. told me they have to take off the locals until the new sattellitte is up. Well I told her to scrap the whole plan because I can't go until Monday morning without my locals, I would miss tons of football, news, etc. So I told her no to everything. Is this was is supposed to happen? Do you lose your locals until the new dish is up? I have been waiting for locals in HD forever, and now that one if finally here, I have to go 6 days without my other ones?!

I have heard this complaint many times.
It's the way their system works. It's very dumb.
It occurs when Dishmovers are booked. This is why I tell customers to not call DIsh to schedule their mover until they are sure of their move day and not too far in advance. This apllies to those moving from one DMA to another

So your saying this is a valid thing? I have to lose my locals for 5 days until the installer comes, this is unbelievable!

So your saying this is a valid thing? I have to lose my locals for 5 days until the installer comes, this is unbelievable!

It's been noted here many times ever since Dish introduced HD locals. I set my DishMover with my local dealer and he did not put it into the system until after the move was done so that I would not lose sd locals from either my previous dma or my new one.

Yes dishes computer system is so wonderful. They have to remove your sd locals before they can add your HD locals. If your in an area with a several day wait time, this can suck.

I keep seeing this complaint. Yes, Dish's package configuration system is inexcusably stupid. But out of curiosity, why do you all not have a 61.5 dish already? Did they set up your dish for 129 and then put your locals on 61.5 (which sounds like more typical Dish stupidity), or were you not previously subscribing to HD at all?

Does anyone have a KVH TracVision antenna? If so can you get any of the HD channels on the 129 Satellite? Currently I get none.

I keep seeing this complaint. Yes, Dish's package configuration system is inexcusably stupid. But out of curiosity, why do you all not have a 61.5 dish already? Did they set up your dish for 129 and then put your locals on 61.5 (which sounds like more typical Dish stupidity), or were you not previously subscribing to HD at all?

Everyone has been getting 1000 installs in the Midwest if you had an HD package and now that they are moving so many markets to EA, they are going to have to do a lot of 61.5 wing dishes. I don't know anyone who ever got a 500 install for 110/119 and a 300 install for 61.5 unless locals were already on 61.5. They just replaced the Dish 500 with a Dish 1000. The whole HD local rollout by E* has been poorly planned and executed afaic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts