Frustrated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

daboogas94e

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Near Atlanta, GA
So my mother-in-law signed up with AT&T bundle (and DirecTV) and ordered it last week. Well the installer came out (thats another story) and said that only a DVR was ordered (me knowing her, ordered a DVR and standard box). Well i went on and let the guy do the job but call them later to see why the standard box was left out. They told me that it was never ordered and that I was mistaken. Called back later and talked to someone AGAIN, and they seem to find the order showing that there was indeed a DVR and standard box ordered so they put us on hold to get it straight, somehow get disconnected. Call back to explain it again, and now they can't find it. Tell us that we have to pay OVER 200 dollars for THEIR MISTAKE. Ask for retention, get the same story from them. So we call to cancel and they are now willing to work with us but by this time, we are fed up with it and cancel the whole service.

Moral of story: Make sure that your order is correct because they won't correct their mistake

2nd moral:

If you notice something wrong DO NOT allow the work to be done. Cancel the install and get it right first. If the install never goes, then you are not yet a contracted customer.

Also get copies of the order and work to be done BEFORE the install date; EVERY personal and friend or family deal I have assisted with DID provide this info.

Mis-communications can happen, so I wouldn't burn the bridge so quick. Who did you order through?

Did you try calling DirecTV directly and filling a complaint about the "partner"? If so, maybe try again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts