FSN-Detroit HD looks better on NHL CI HD!!!

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
WOW!!!!!! I hope they get all the kinks worked out with the jittery-unstable PQ with a few of the FSN-HD networks. Tonight is a start!!!

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but with NHL-CI, are all games that are broadcast on RSNs in HD available in HD? If so, I'm ready to switch to Dish ASAP. That would be a dream come true.

mgoblue - in general, yes. Its not a guarantee, but if its is on a RSN-HD, it should be on CI-HD. Now, here's the reason which is why this thread title makes no sense. The CI-HD channels are mapped to the CI-HD channels. They aren't being broadcast multiple times, that would be an incredible, incredible waste of bandwith. So, I would assume it is a receiver issue if the RNS-HD channel looked any different than the CI-HD channel.

Well they got FSN-Arizona looking better as well last night's Phoenix/Anaheim game, nice work Dish!

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but with NHL-CI, are all games that are broadcast on RSNs in HD available in HD? If so, I'm ready to switch to Dish ASAP. That would be a dream come true.

I'm not sure if they are or not....Dish does have a hockey HD "schedule" posted (sorry, don't have the link here). HOWEVER, whether by necessity or design, some of the games listed in the schedule as being broadcast in HD are NOT (e.g. last night Columbus/St.Louis game). Now it COULD be that it was a technical problem or was a simple error in the listing, but this has happened multiple times before and E* MAY be simply listing all the HD games as if they are going to be broadcast and then cut some of them out, perhaps to save bandwidth.

In short, you MAY be getting all the hockey Dish SAYS you will be getting in HD, but I seriously doubt it.

=NLK=

reply from Dish, I also asked about CBC-HD, TSN-HD, Leafs TV-HD, RDS-HD and Rogers Sportsnet HD feeds in CI.

"Thank you for emailing us your feedback on the signal quality of FSN-Detroit HD. We are monitoring these closely and appreciate your opinion and notifications.

As for your request to add more NHL coverage in HD format, it is really up to the NHL and dependant their agreements. If and when we get games via these feeds from Center Ice, we’ll carry them within the limits of our current system. By the way, we added NHLHD to our programming line-up last week, on channels 403 (at 61.5) and 559 (at 129)!

Again, thank you for following up with us and for being a valuable DISH Network customer!"

118 from sd121

New satellite for more HD channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)