FSN & MASN Full screen on HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhl66pens

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Has anyone noticed some of the FSN and Regional Sports networks are showing up as full screen even though they are not HD? Its not a setting on my tv either because most of the FSN channels still have the sidebars. Last nite I was watching the Big 10 preview on FSN Pittsburgh and even though it wasn't an HD Channel or an HD Show it did not have sidebars. I noticed this on a Baltimore Oriole Broadcast on MASN (regional) last week. It causes the players to look shorter and heavier. Just wondering if anyone happened to notice this or if there is an explanation.
Rob

I have also noticed and am currently seeing it take place on channel 743, which is the NESN HD feed of the Red Sox/White Sox.

I was wondering about this myself so maybe someone here can explain it.

Do you have an HR10 (HD DirecTivo?) I ask because I saw reports on the Tivo Forum that the latest software update to the Tivo's wiped out people's settings for sidebars and stretch and so forth. So you need to reset that stuff on your Tivo.

I have HR-20's also. I'll check the settings again, but you'd think it would affect every channel not just a select few. Thanks for the feedback though.

Do you have an HR10 (HD DirecTivo?) I ask because I saw reports on the Tivo Forum that the latest software update to the Tivo's wiped out people's settings for sidebars and stretch and so forth. So you need to reset that stuff on your Tivo.

I have an HR20 receiver, and the only channel this happens on is my FSN, (FSN Detroit).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts