FSN may get rid of national programming

So what will the use to fill all the empty time when games are not being played or the local newcast ?

The already have BDSSP, which is an alright show in my opinion and it is filled with "World POKER shows to fill time.
If the get rid of the National shows, would that also include the WSOP ?

Would they go back to being a part time programming entity ?
Only being on when games and wrap up shows are on ?

Personally, I rarely watch anything on the RSN's outside of the live games and the wrap up shows.

Jimbo

So what will the use to fill all the empty time when games are not being played or the local newcast ?

The already have BDSSP, which is an alright show in my opinion and it is filled with "World POKER shows to fill time.
If the get rid of the National shows, would that also include the WSOP ?

Would they go back to being a part time programming entity ?
Only being on when games and wrap up shows are on ?

Personally, I rarely watch anything on the RSN's outside of the live games and the wrap up shows.

Jimbo

Ditto that; except I don't even hang around for the pre or post shows.

I doubt they'll eliminate everything, much of thie rstuff is used on Comcast sports net, and other major RSN, perhaps NESN, MSG, etc (not sure on which).

These shows are turely national covering most markets.

I don't even have FSN anymore. I haven't had it for years. The only time I would get FSN programming is when the Mets would play. FSN would be on MSG for the Mets games. Does FSN have any good programming besides "The Best Damn..."? Maybe they'd be better off getting rid of the national programming if it wasn't worth showing.

I don't even have FSN anymore. I haven't had it for years. The only time I would get FSN programming is when the Mets would play. FSN would be on MSG for the Mets games. Does FSN have any good programming besides "The Best Damn..."? Maybe they'd be better off getting rid of the national programming if it wasn't worth showing.

You DO have a RSN, your local team is on your RSN and is on all packages from TC and up.

Jimbo

I like most of FSN's current national shows. Even "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" has been watchable lately.

At the very least, they should at least stop rerunning shows of which they no longer make new ones. "Beyond the Glory", for example.

I don't think FSN cutting out national programming would be a big deal. RSNs did fine without it before FOX bought them all.

All it means is they'll have to produce more local programming specific to the network, which is what I want to happen.

Last edited:
I doubt they'll eliminate everything, much of thie rstuff is used on Comcast sports net, and other major RSN, perhaps NESN, MSG, etc (not sure on which).

These shows are turely national covering most markets.

I don't remember FSN stuff ever being on NESN, they used to have ESPNEWS to fill their programming void, which is what I think MASN does

FSN has tried various ways to be a competitor to ESPN. Idiot Olbermann's failed SportsCenter clone. Bidding for national games. BSSSP. And so on.

At the end of the day, most RSNs come down to the live games of the local teams, an occasional out of market college game, and the rest of the time they might as well sell ginsu knives. They seem to be accepting that.

FSN final score would be better than Sportscenter. If ofcourse they actually shot it in HD. The rest of the national programming can go imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)