FSN Midwest not in HD

Folks, this is not just limited to the Cardinals. Dish does this for all HD RSN games. Just wait and see...

Sent a tweet this morning on Dish Network's feed, and received a response that it was a technical problem on their end. Tonight's Cardinals game will be in HD, supposedly. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent a tweet this morning on Dish Network's feed, and received a response that it was a technical problem on their end. Tonight's Cardinals game will be in HD, supposedly. I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, in a way it is a technical problem. Dish does not dedicate enough TP space to show all of the games in HD. It's not a glitch or an oversight, they are doing this on purpose. Digiblur or JohnH could provide a better explaination but basically Dish suffles HD RSN channels off and on active TP's depending on which ones are showing HD events. The problem is if there are too many HD events at the same time the TP space that dish has allocated is full and the game is only shown in SD.

All dish needs to do to fix this is dedicate more TP space for HD RSN channels. But...they won't...and I don't know why.

It's happening with the Indians on STO-HD tonight. This is absolute garbage. I really like Dish Network, but this (along with the MLB channel) might make me consider a switch...I did an online chat and the CSR said she didn't know why it was happening and she'd forward it to engineering.

Does Dish save any money by limiting HD feeds to a set number? I've been "corresponding" with Dish the last 3 days over their refusal to send the HD feed for Rockies games on FSN Rocky Mountain. I'm at the VP level now in my email chain. I'm beginning to believe they have one of the worst business plans any "service" company could ever adopt.

Does Dish save any money by limiting HD feeds to a set number? I've been "corresponding" with Dish the last 3 days over their refusal to send the HD feed for Rockies games on FSN Rocky Mountain. I'm beginning to believe they have one of the worst business plans any "service" company could ever adopt.

Please keep this thread updated with their responses.

It's happening with the Indians on STO-HD tonight. This is absolute garbage. I really like Dish Network, but this (along with the MLB channel) might make me consider a switch...I did an online chat and the CSR said she didn't know why it was happening and she'd forward it to engineering.
I was wondering if the problem was Dish or STO tonight. I emailed STO to see what they say. I was sure it was in the guide at one point as HD - I set an autotune for it, then tonight nothings but SD. :mad:

I was wondering if the problem was Dish or STO tonight. I emailed STO to see what they say. I was sure it was in the guide at one point as HD - I set an autotune for it, then tonight nothings but SD. :mad:

The guide said HD as of yesterday...no doubt about it. Let us know STO's reply.

It's also happening for the Twins/Mariners game on FSN North right now. AAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called dish network, participated in a live chat on their website and sent an email to the executive service email tonight.

-The call was absolutely and positively fruitless. The CSR's went through lie after lie. At one point I was put through to a supervisor. I had a valid counterpoint to every single one of their excuses. Finally it got to the point where the supervisor admitted to me that the game was not being shown in HD on dish network and they had no way of finding out why. They promised they would send a report to the technical services department.

-The live chat was equally unsuccessful. The person on the other end didn't make up any excuses like the phone rep but instead pretty much admitted right away that the game was not showing up in HD and that they couldn't figure out why not. He too promised to send a report to the technical team.

-I do not have a reply to the email yet.

I've come to the conclusion that I will call, chat and email complaints every single time this happens. I don't know what else I can do at this point to get Dish to change.

The guide said HD as of yesterday...no doubt about it. Let us know STO's reply.

I don't know about other RSNs - but here is what STO emailed me back about this...

Thank you for taking the time to email SportsTime Ohio concerning last night’s Cleveland Indians game.

Every Cleveland Indians game on STO is produced and broadcast in HD. We provide, not only every game, but a full-time 24/7 HD signal to all of our cable and satellite affiliates, including Dish Network. Most of these affiliates pass along the entire STO HD channel to their subscribers. Unfortunately, Dish Network does not have the HD capacity to provide the full-time STO HD signal let alone every Indians game. According to Dish Network, they will try to provide as many HD Indians games as possible but there will be times when STO’s Indians games will only be available in SD because of their lack of HD capacity.

Last night’s game was one of those games that was only available in SD to Dish Network subscribers. This is a Dish Network decision, not STO’s. After speaking with their management this morning, STO has found out that the only other game in April not scheduled to be shown in HD to Dish Network subscribers is Monday April 13th in Kansas City at 8pm. We will try to list any other non-HD games at SportsTime Ohio once we are notified by Dish Network.

I don't know about other RSNs - but here is what STO emailed me back about this...

Thank you for taking the time to email SportsTime Ohio concerning last night’s Cleveland Indians game.

Every Cleveland Indians game on STO is produced and broadcast in HD. We provide, not only every game, but a full-time 24/7 HD signal to all of our cable and satellite affiliates, including Dish Network. Most of these affiliates pass along the entire STO HD channel to their subscribers. Unfortunately, Dish Network does not have the HD capacity to provide the full-time STO HD signal let alone every Indians game. According to Dish Network, they will try to provide as many HD Indians games as possible but there will be times when STO’s Indians games will only be available in SD because of their lack of HD capacity.

Last night’s game was one of those games that was only available in SD to Dish Network subscribers. This is a Dish Network decision, not STO’s. After speaking with their management this morning, STO has found out that the only other game in April not scheduled to be shown in HD to Dish Network subscribers is Monday April 13th in Kansas City at 8pm. We will try to list any other non-HD games at SportsTime Ohio once we are notified by Dish Network.

Wow, what a nice response from STO. I'm glad they spoke with Dish management so hopefully dish realizes this is a problem and will take measures to fix it (yeah right!)

The disturbing thing about this response is that Dish network is lying to STO. DISH NETWORK HAS THE CAPACITY TO BROADCAST EVERY HD RSN GAME. They have plenty of TP space but THEY ARE CHOOSING NOT TO ALLOCATE ENOUGH TP SPACE TO HD RSNs.

Again, this is a consious decision by Dish network. :down

NO HD Twins as well

I also was very upset to find out the past two Twins games on FSN North were only in SD. Does this mean that subscribers to the HD only programming packages aren't able to watch the games at all? To me, it feels like false advertising on Dish's part that they arbitrarily decide what will be shown in HD and fail to inform the customer. It is not the customer's fault that Dish did not properly plan and add capacity - it's not like this came as a surprise to them. It seems like they are not holding up their end of the contract - and should be held accountable.

I have emailed Dish as well, and am interested to see the response.

To me, it feels like false advertising on Dish's part that they arbitrarily decide what will be shown in HD and fail to inform the customer.

I know. What if Dish arbitrarily decided not to show 2 episodes of Lost or American Idol in HD?

Thanks Dreddick for posting that email. Last year E* showed all the Indians games on STO in HD. Must be they are carrying more HD sports networks this year and haven't allocated enough transponder space to cover all the games. The SD version sure looks like garbage and is pretty much unwatchable. I had the SD channel blocked in my guide and since the HD version never showed that the game would be on, I was totally confused as to what network was broadcasting the game.

Anyway if the Tribe continues to play like the first two games, nobody will care if its in HD or SD. :mad:

Wow. Nice reply from STO. So the April 13th game won't be in HD.....the Cavs also play on April 13 and will be on FSN-HD as they were last night....I wonder if Dish has decided not to give us the Cavs and the Tribe in HD if they're both playing at the same time.

Wow. Nice reply from STO. So the April 13th game won't be in HD.....the Cavs also play on April 13 and will be on FSN-HD as they were last night....I wonder if Dish has decided not to give us the Cavs and the Tribe in HD if they're both playing at the same time.
Yeah, April 13th and who knows what other dates. They may just disappear from the HD listings at the last minute like last night's game did!

OTA antenna install help.

Vip 722, Self-Installation, and A.E.P questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts