FSN South Hockey Question

ECUPirates

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
One of my HD-RSN's is FSN South on channel 370. Tonight there is no programming on 370 just the Dish Network HD slate.

I was flipping through the HD channels and found the Hurricanes -Panthers Hockey game on channel 9516 - HDALT. It was a FSN South Broadcast. Does anyone know why it was on 9516 and not 370? I do not have NHL-CI.

If I had not flipped through all of the channels I would not have found the game.

Not sure, but I need to get HD! Nice to see someone from Greenville (I'm assuming?) on here and a Hurricanes fan to boot! (ECU fan too of course..):)

One of my HD-RSN's is FSN South on channel 370. Tonight there is no programming on 370 just the Dish Network HD slate.

I was flipping through the HD channels and found the Hurricanes -Panthers Hockey game on channel 9516 - HDALT. It was a FSN South Broadcast. Does anyone know why it was on 9516 and not 370? I do not have NHL-CI.

If I had not flipped through all of the channels I would not have found the game.
Ok..When several events are scheduled for FSN South. alternate or backhal feeds are used. We satellite customers are fortunate that there is channel capacity to show the events on alterante feeds. Cable customers get F'ed.
Because you live in the Canes territory, the Canes are blacked out anyway.
Now as to why the normal channel was in black and the alternate was shpwing the Canes game. Only thing I can think of is the Canes game was scheduled for the alternmate channel anyway. Who knows

Having alternate channels is definitely a plus with satellite service! Of course last nights game was not a good one for the Canes drawing 3 penalties in the last 5 minutes of the game!

Neither was the officiating IMO...The FL Panthers cried to the media before the game saying we were a bunch of divers (in which we have not had a diving penalty called on us up to this game), so the refs decide to give us 2 of them in the game for some odd reason??? :mad:

Neither was the officiating IMO...The FL Panthers cried to the media before the game saying we were a bunch of divers (in which we have not had a diving penalty called on us up to this game), so the refs decide to give us 2 of them in the game for some odd reason??? :mad:
Those diving calls were completely bogus!
BTW, I live in Morehead City and just recently switched to Dish for the hd Canes games. A Time Warner rep basically said I would never get FSN South in HD from them.

Those diving calls were completely bogus!
BTW, I live in Morehead City and just recently switched to Dish for the hd Canes games. A Time Warner rep basically said I would never get FSN South in HD from them.

That's cool skyroniter (about living in Morehead City). Even though I live in Greenville now, I grew up in a small town called Stacy which is not too far from Morehead in Carteret county.

I guess I need to take the HD plunge! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)