FSSN and FOX Sports

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jim you're overreacting :)

Its Fox College Sports, not FSN. Fox College Sports is a cable only offering of 3 channels (Pacific, Atlantic & Central) that cherry picks the live college games from the various sports networks out there. They show no pro sports and 99% of the games are from "another source". Last year I saw college games from FSN North (MN), FSN RM (Denver), FSN WI (Wisconsin), Comcast local (CCHA games) and even once saw an Alaska game.

Directv has one channel that shows "live games only" (617)

The FSSN still does the production. FCS is just grabbing the feed. Like when ESPNU use to get the feed last year for some games

nothing to worry about :)

Jim
Think of the alumni that watch the games. They all go to specific spots and they may not have cable there.

Its a plus for NoDakota getting national exposure :)

Yea, I know. FOX College Sports were ITC for awhile. I do get paranoid whenever FOX gets involved in anything.

I think you're fine until FOX has fiber run to the stadium. :devil:

seriously, for right now FOX should just be picking up the satellite distribution feed just like affiliates and home dish owners do.

I think it's great that our programs are getting national attention! If they switch over to HD next year (one can hope, right :) ) I'll probably switch over to digital cable and the sports package for FCS, but for now I'm sticking with FTA.

If the FSSN switches to HD (highly unlikely) the FTA feed would be in HD too :)

2 games this weekend....Saturday at 4:00 and Sunday at 6:00 (FB Sat Hockey Sun)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)