FTA and a BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charlieh88

Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
NWF
HI Guys Thanks to all who Helped me with my limits problem New question I was looking in syatem status and in the line c band all I have is c band horz left I have c/ku lnb's and a servo on top is this normal or is there something that I havent got right yet
Next is what all do I need to do to hook up and instal my FTA receiver I've read that I need a hi freq splitter and a switch how do you find the sats with the fta receiver after that Thanks Again
ps where is the outdoor chanel it used to be on go-24 where did ther move to Thanks

What model FTA reciever do you have. MOST FTA recievers cannot control a servo motor.

Hi I have a pansat2500 I want to use my 4dtv GI 920 to control the dish and the ps for fta Thanks

The Pansat 2500 will control a servo motor if I remember correctly

Since you have a 920 do you subscribe to something? If so, you might want to use the 920 to do everything instead of 1/2 and 1/2 (920 moving the dish and the Pansat changing polarity)

charlieh88 the outdoor channel scrambled, went digital. (Digicipher2 so you need a 4DTV receiver to get that, if its still avail). There is another outdoors type show with fishing and hunting on it, I think its on G23 now, cband digital. Last I checked it was still free...

edit : Its called Sportsman channel, on Gal23 at 121 W...cband digital, 3724H SR3002 Good channel!

Last edited:
Here's what I do with this equipment -
7.5' Laser mesh w/ C and Ku single output LNB, polarotor type
DSR922
Coolsat 6000
PV high freq splitter dc block one side
4 port DiSEqC
V-box positioner
I split the C band signal, powerpass side to the 922, the other (power block) to port 1 of the DiSEqC.
I bring the Ku feed straight to the DiSEqC port 2 (I have another Perfect View splitter but I dont mess with DCII on Ku)
The CS satellite settings are configured for C=port1 Ku=port2. (The 2 extra DiSEqC ports are for future fixed dish inputs, that I need the RG6 re-run )

Currently the 922 controls polarity
and the V-Box controls dish position. (I tried suplementing the V-Box control using the DiSEqc 1.2 motor control feature from the CS, but was not able to get it to operate properly. Yes I know the V-Box needs to be before the dc block splitter. I will re-visit it when I have time.)

Using the 922 for both would mean I have to switch back to the 922 video to change dish position for DVB viewing/surfing. Since the 922 is for primarily for viewing, not surfing, it is little trouble to occasionally move to the desired sat when needed.
I have enabled and switch to satellite B6 in the 922 for polarotor fine tuning when using the DVB so I dont disturb the settings on any of the other DCII birds. I use B6 because it's map for channel polarity is direct, not reversed. Odd/even ch's on the 922 display = H/V polarotor positition respectively
The extra remote (V-Box) to manage is a bit of trouble initially, but you get used to it. A learning remote programmed with 4D and V-Box codes would be ideal.
The DiSEqC 'faults' occasionally (dont they all?) and I have to cycle the power on the CS to resync it, but other than that, the setup serves my purposes. Good luck with your ventures.

Hey guys thanks for the help I'm in the learning process now so I just keep tring like I did with the dish try and read someomre and try that so bear with me and Thanks for the help and advice hope you dont mind lots of ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)