Future New Addition To The Dish farm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACRadio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
Near Asheville NC
I just got back from a 700 mile round trip to Petersburg Virginia... I also made a trip on Friday 3/27. On the first trip I picked up a 1.2 meter Channel Master, two 1 meter CM's, a 75cm, and an old solid aluminum Muzak dish, about 95cm. There were some other goodies like LNB's and such that came home with me too. On this trip it was for only one thing...a 12 foot commercial Prodelin that was built onto a home made polar mount. I will put it in the place that I was going to move the 10 foot Channel Master, but I will install the Prodelin and leave the CM where it is. It will need some work so it won't be put up immediately but when it's done it should be a sweet dish. I purchased a lightly used Saginaw ball screw jack for moving the heavy beast, and I also scored a Seavey C band ortho feed with the "deep dish ring." Here are some pics before disassembly...

Attachments

• Prod1.jpg
    Prod1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Prod6.jpg
    Prod6.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Prod7.jpg
    Prod7.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 236
whoa !

... 12 foot commercial Prodelin
... built onto a home made polar mount.
... a lightly used Saginaw ball screw jack for moving the heavy beast
... and I also scored a Seavey C band ortho feed with the "deep dish ring."
Wow, that was quite the haul! - :up
We'll be looking forward to some signal reports, as well as pictures when you work on and install it.

For a minute, I thought I saw a Birdview in the last shot. - :eek:
But I guess I was wrong.
(would be curious to know more about it, though)

Nice finds, AC!

My seat-of-the-pants engineering degree tells me the pole and mount on that 12 footer looks a little light, but if it was up and operating, the proof is in the pudding.

Good luck on the installation! :)

Nice finds, AC!

My seat-of-the-pants engineering degree tells me the pole and mount on that 12 footer looks a little light, but if it was up and operating, the proof is in the pudding.

Good luck on the installation! :)

It had been up for 20 years before disassembly, but it will probably be installed with a bit more substantial pole...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)