FTA and DirecTV or Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
How would I wire a FTA / DBS system using only one dish and one FTA receiver and one DirecTV or Dish Network receiver?

I want to use my FTA system to move the dish to the DirecTV satellite and then view the channels subscribed to using my DirecTV receiver. Would I use a high frequency splitter, DiSEqC splitter or a combination?

I know I would need either an Invacom circular / linear LNBF or a KU LNBF and a separate DBS LNBF.

I do realize that the DirecTV channels would be lost when the FTA system is pointed at a different satellite. I just want to know if this is possible and if anybody actually does this.

I think if I were to attempt this, I would use an Invacom Quad QPH-031. With the QPH-031 you could use one of the circular for the D* receiver and the other circular for the FTA receiver along with one of the linear for the FTA receiver. The FTA receiver would also use a diseqc switch. I'm sure someone else could think of (possibly) a better way, but this would work. I think?

Al

That makes sense. If I use the Invacom Quad I would just have one coax for linear going to the FTA receiver and one coac for circular going to the DirecTV receiver. I would then move the dish to the DirecTV satellite by using the FTA setup and then turn on the DirecTV receiver to view the programming. No switches would be required.

PopcornNMore said:
That makes sense. If I use the Invacom Quad I would just have one coax for linear going to the FTA receiver and one coac for circular going to the DirecTV receiver. I would then move the dish to the DirecTV satellite by using the FTA setup and then turn on the DirecTV receiver to view the programming. No switches would be required.

With this approach, the next thing that you need is a "Pronto" or another programmable remote that does all the device switching, etc and you only say "FTA" or "DTV" etc ;>) (just kidding, you may have it already)

voomvoom said:
I think if I were to attempt this, I would use an Invacom Quad QPH-031. With the QPH-031 you could use one of the circular for the D* receiver and the other circular for the FTA receiver along with one of the linear for the FTA receiver. The FTA receiver would also use a diseqc switch. I'm sure someone else could think of (possibly) a better way, but this would work. I think?

Al

I know that he doesn't need any switches for this but if he did, shouldn't he use a 22mhz switch?

Also, if you are a highdef fan, you may want to try attaching another circular LNB to the invacom so you can get the 110 for DTV when pointed to the 101.
That way, your DTV receiver can get the 101/110 at the same time (use 22mhz switch) and your FTA can get channels at AMC4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)