FTA Ch Gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vvovv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
I have been out of town for a couple weeks and just turn my Miami channels on 119 and there gone what happen did they take this channels off FTA and now are encryption on them.

yes it now says scrambled I don't understand.
Is there a updated website on FTA channels because lyngsat has them still listed as FTA channels

if its scrambled then nothing we can do. Thats the way it work in FTA

Lyngsat is based in the UK so they cant see our satellites. They rely on info from folks on this side of the globe

Well that's not fair
They gives us NBATV boring
and take away Miami locals

The FTE Miami spot beam was the only place in the country getting Locals that way, anyhow.
So, you're no worse off than the rest of us. ;)
Still, sad to see it go for ya.

There are lots of "locals" from other cities, though.
See station call signs; for instance on Galaxy 18.

South Florida is flat as a board, an OTA antenna should work wonders down there out to 80 miles, maybe more, with a booster. I live 75 miles from the Philadelphia stations, with two mountain ranges in between, and can pull them in.

I have a clip on but can't get those Maybe I should upgrade
What is a booster and will that work with a clip on.

I still can't believe they took them off of FTA maybe something will replace it soon.

They were made FTE about 2 or 3 years ago when all those hurricasnes ran through Florida...so the fact they stayed that long is a bonus

If something shouldnt be free and it is, enjoy it while you can and dont complain when they scramble

build yourself a coat hanger antenna and put a bidirectional amp on it. I can pull channels in from about 75 miles away and there is a lot in between.

if you have a true FTA dish, point that @ g18. you'll have plenty of tv.

build yourself a coat hanger antenna and put a bidirectional amp on it. I can pull channels in from about 75 miles away and there is a lot in between.

if you have a true FTA dish, point that @ g18. you'll have plenty of tv.

Coat hanger only works well for UHF. Make sure the OTA channels you want aren't VHF (or going to change to VHF in Feb 2009) before going this route. I would think you could put up a VHF/UHF antenna (Lowe's actually sells them) and add a Channel Master TitanII CM7777 booster to it. If the stations are spread out you might want to add a rotor. With my setup, here in the boonies, I get more than 40 stations, some as far away as 80 miles.

Is the coat hanger antenna this
hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw
If so I tried and didn't get much My clip on dish was better

if you make one of these, you need to make sure you are using a high tensile steel. most metal coat hangers are but not all. it's just recommended as most people would have them laying around. have you tried an AMP with that antenna?

Jeepguy is right. It will only work for UHF. Since all the digital channels in my area are UHF, that is all i wanted. who wants fuzzy OTA anyway?

look here to see what, and how far, channels are available at your location:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

Last edited:
tvfool is pretty dang cool. i hadn't used it before, but i like it.

on a side note, it did not accurately list all the digital channels available in my area. just might be my location- that's why it is always good to have different sources.

thanks for the link Anole.

TVfool

I am also getting some "out of area" signals that LA residents aren't supposed to get.
I had to enter another city to see 'em listed.
But, that's preferable to having every TV station in 100 miles listed, I guess. :cool:
And more appropriate for most users.

From what I've seen, everyone wants to use rabbit ears on top of their TV set.
When I was a kid, you put up an outdoor yagi.
If more people would do that today, there'd be a lot less complaining! - :D

edit: but if your complaint was that some of the sub-channels weren't listed, well, those are subject to change pretty often, so I'd rely my TV to scan the airwaves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts