Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Based on the feedback of our members I have made some changes to our FTA forums here at SatelliteGuys, with the main changes being the removal of the dedicated AZbox and microHD support forums, and the introduction of the new FTA Receiver Support Forums!

The reason this was done was because we heard from a number of our members who said they didn't think they could talk about receivers other then AZbox and the microHD here at SatelliteGuys, nor did they want to offend any sponsors by talking about any other brands of receivers. By having dedicated support forums for those brands I could see why some people would think that, however SatelliteGuys is here to support all legitimate FTA receivers sold here in North America!

So please if you have a receiver and need help it does not matter the brand, as long as you question is not asking how to steal pay tv services then feel free to ask it here at SatelliteGuys and we will do our best to help you!

Our first commitment is to you our members! That's what SatelliteGuys is all about!

Members helping members since 2003, we are SatelliteGuys!

Based on the feedback of our members I have made some changes to our FTA forums here at SatelliteGuys, with the main changes being the removal of the dedicated AZbox and microHD support forums, and the introduction of the new FTA Receiver Support Forums!
but it makes it so easy to find info on those Most popular boxes.
a section of All others ??

but it makes it so easy to find info on those Most popular boxes.
a section of All others ??

I like the idea of just one forum for the receivers. I do wonder, like madmadworld, if it is possible to make subdirectories of the more popular ones such as MicroHD and AZbox (or just released models) to eliminate the jumble... perhaps by manufacturer name instead of product? Then again, we're back where we started. It would seem like manufacturers actively making a product/issuing support might get priority over obsolete ones somehow. Ufff... hard call!

it's so easy now and even 3 years or more down the road if you run into a problem, just looking in one sub forum for the answer to your specific boxes it is there. imo

never got a micro yet but most users here seem to like them. waited for Years to get one with Real support. not this well it's really made for the Euro folks etc.

Last edited:
I admit I resist change and was used to mainly visiting the microHD threads first to keep up and will miss it. I used to do the same years ago with 4DTV.

Since I had no interest in Azboxes, I didn't bother to read them for an example. I just like the subforums to separate my interests.

Scott, I know you mean well but this current change wouldn't cut. Having sub categories of receivers is much better! Topics based on receivers are organized and easier to look. If it ain't broken don't attempt to fix it. :)

It's a lot easier having them separate. If they're lumped together I'll have to scroll threw a bunch of other receiver info to get the just the info I need. Just my opinion.

I didn't see any negative "feedback from our members".
Nor any discussion at all.

Who are these people who complained, and how many are there?
I already see a number of comments above suggesting strong dissenting views with the surprise change.
Were they polled ahead of time?

What's next? Merging C band with Ku?
Ya recently broke up the Cell Phone Zone into sub-forums by brand...
...and claimed increased interest and traffic.

Our first commitment is to you our members.

I beleive that receiver brands with active support personel ie AZbox and GeoSatPro deserve a seperate forum.

The New Organization Sucks, Kindly Put it Back the Way it Was or . . (see below)

Create sub-directories (sub-forums) in the receiver support forum for each popular receiver brand. I need to access the old AZBox threads and now they are they are gone (that's why I logged in today). Please restore the posts as they were. I don't care if you move them to a new sub-directory, but they need to be restored.

Less popular brands and models can be discussed in the top level receiver support forum. Specific popular brands or models should have their own "sub-forums".

I vote for sub-folders as well.

It's a mess with all receivers jumbled up, so I think people are going to start avoiding it even more now.

Most if not all FTA sites have separate sub-folders for different receivers, so you are very much going against the grain to have them all in one big trash-basket...

...One big trash bucket is right. It creates too much noise with everything together.

I also think put it back like it was this is bad it would be like avs merging there hd forums all in one.

The idea here is that the receiver forums need a fair and equitable response from several sources and manufacturers.

The Satellite Guys forum is a reliable source of information, dedicated to the true and honest FTA hobbyist. This new format may not suit everyone at the moment, but if we allow it evolve, it may serve a greater purpose for all concerned.

If we can receive transmissions from 23,000 miles from outer space, we can certainly learn to navigate a simple forum on where to find tech support for our receiving equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)