FTA Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

murda01

Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
hey guys i have 1 for anyone who can help..got a sg2100 85cm dish along with a pansat2800A receiver..dish is on roof.i ve got signal on 97w or galaxy 25 fta.however i am only getting 6 fta and about 450ppv channels. that i cannot see.when i move to a different sat the level is at 90%but im getting no quality on any other sat..have tried doing smart scan and nuthing..rotating the dish from east to west and still nuthing..any suggestions?

i am only getting 6 fta and about 450ppv channels. that i cannot see.when i move to a different sat the level is at 90%but im getting no quality on any other sat..have tried doing smart scan and nuthing..rotating the dish from east to west and still nuthing..any suggestions?

What kind of LNB do you have ?
That could be your problem.

+Dangit I hope they didnt scramble everything on 97, havent checked in a few days!!!
TO original poster>if you're picking up scrambled channels you are either using the wrong lnb, or pointing at the wrong type of satellites. True fta won't come up as scrambled channels.

You're probably not hitting G-25, but rather one of the BEV or Dish birds. What are the service names of the channels that are in the clear? That'll let us know what bird you're hitting.

hey tron im actually getting bev channels..from canada i guess..as far as the lnb..the system came with 2..a regular one that looks very simple and i believe the other lnb is an INVACOM Quad polar lnb...and im using the quad polar lnb...any help greatly appeciated...
murda01

jayelem my dish is almost the same as the one you have on that pic...any suggestions as to what i might be doing wrong?

tron i have the SG2100 THE QPH AND AN 85CM DISH BUT IM NOT UNDERSTANDING THE REST OF THE CODES YOU WROTE.IM NEW AT THIS AND 2 INSTALLERS CAME BY ALREADY AND THE HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET ME ANY SIGNALS ON ANY OTHER SAT..THEY TELL ME IT IS POINTING PROPERLY..AS FAR AS THE COMPANY I BOUGHT IT FROM..MAN THEY ARE NO HELP AT ALL..

Some more info would help, like how you have the lnbf wired. Are you using the diseqc switch? Is the dish on the roof or on a pole you can get to easily?
It's better to try without a motor for your first attempt at aiming.
I would try setting up Galaxy 11, since you may be on it already, you're just using circular and actually receiving Nimiq satellite (Bell-Canada).
Galaxy 11 is in the same spot, setup the satellite using the linear side of your lnbf, make sure you have the 'local oscillator' freq set to the prop freq for that lnbf (10750 if its standard, 10600 for universal) . Then try blind scanning Galaxy 11, should get a few channels. Let us know what happens.

tron i have the SG2100 THE QPH AND AN 85CM DISH BUT IM NOT UNDERSTANDING THE REST OF THE CODES YOU WROTE.
BEV = Bell ExpressVu, which you are aimed at (as you already found out :) )... You will want to use a 'L' output on the Invacom QPH LNBF, not a 'C' output. As Turbosat said, use 10750 for your Local Oscillator (L.O.) setting, and try to tune in a linear FTA bird like G-11. If you're on Nimiq 1 right now, there shouldn't be a need to move the dish any for G-11, except perhaps for a bit of tweaking. G-11 is parked in the same orbital slot, and there are usually feeds there... You might be on Nimiq 2 (82w), in which case you'd have to move the dish a bit to the west.

tron/turbosat...guys i try g11 and the level is above 85%but i have no quality..try moving the dish both ways west//east and no quality at all..dont know what else to do..

Did you try one of the "L" outputs from the Invacom QPH031 Quad lnbf..? If you are getting the BEV sat you are hooked to one of the "C" outputs, you need to hook to one of the "L" outputs....

Maybe you are on 82, not 91. Are you sure you are hitting a BEV satellite and not a Dish bird? What are the names of the channels you are getting? That will let us know exactly what you're aimed at.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)