FTA newbe...Hows this setup look? And a few Q's..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW, I would use AMC6 as your truesouth, its 0.1E on the motor.. there was a thread here with some 24/7 TPs.. let me see if I can dig it up

I get SBS 6 fine with 99% Q on 11741 h 6616 (ONN).

I can motor from there as far west as g3c 95w. After that nothing seems to line up right. Oh well..ill just powerscan what i can get and give it another go another day

sounds like a motor elevation problem.. double check it, and adjust the dish elevation accordingly.

If im doing this right I have this..

Im at 41deg N lat..so the chart says to set the dish at 40.0

Maybe my ghetto mount is flexing going that way...

Ill have to pull it down and weld some cross supports on it. :confused:

The motor should have a latitude adjustment, make sure its right around 41 or 42.. the dish elevation I gave you before should be just about right, but then again, there will always be a bit of an adjustment here and there for each situation.

And yes, it could be your mount flexing.. that is why I changed out my mount a few times..

ultatryon said:
The motor should have a latitude adjustment, make sure its right around 41 or 42.. the dish elevation I gave you before should be just about right, but then again, there will always be a bit of an adjustment here and there for each situation.

And yes, it could be your mount flexing.. that is why I changed out my mount a few times..

Thats the only real thing i can think of. It motors fine between SBS 6 and G3c. But doesnt get anything on IA5. I have the lat sat for 41 on the motor.

Oh well..for another day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galaxy 10R - TP 5 reception good - no TP1 reception

Is WEW gone? Iceberg uncovered!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts