fta news

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How’s your Q for NBC on 103w? Mines 60%

The NBCs (12111/H/14449) jump between 65-71% here. NHK (11942/V/20000) is a steady 75% on my MicroHD receiver.

I have a PLL lnbf on that dish, which might be the reason my Q is a bit higher. The PLLs seem to me to work a bit better than regular lnbfs. It could be our receivers too, different brand/model receivers will show different Q levels, so it's hard to compare levels between two unless both receivers are the same model.

heres a question.... if I took a universal LNB in my hand connected to a receiver and TV and slowly moved it across the southern sky
would I get any Satellites..??

If you have a satellite selected in the receiver menu then yes. Or if you have a Dr.Hd meter you can use the spectrum analyzer and use the sat id function.

I needed a piece of coax so I took a scrap piece that came off a longer piece of pre made coax RG6...I had to put one end on it..
When I cut it I noticed that this RG6 had a really skimpy amount of shielding..those strands of metal around the foil... other coax I have cut into had way more of those fine metal hairs,,, this must have been some cheap Chinese coax ...it showed that you cant trust quality unless you can see the innards of it..I will buy some bulk at Home Depot and look at it good before I pay for it.

heres a question.... if I took a universal LNB in my hand connected to a receiver and TV and slowly moved it across the southern sky

Holding just the lnbf in your hand, I wouldn't think so. I've never tried it, but pretty sure you wouldn't lock onto anything.

Back in the old analog day it's been done by some people by using Ku and even C band feed horn in their own hand!:biggrin

Just Google it, and now with digital world it's little trickier but can be done!:)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
It takes a lot of patience.

First, you need a pretty good idea of where the LNB should be in relation to the main (centered) LNB. Set the receiver to the strongest TP on the satellite you're aiming for. Hold the LNB and move it VERY slowly. You need the right angle, distance from the reflector, etc. Just moving a little bit can make or break your reception.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

It sounds to me like you're asking about just holding the lnbf in your hand, pointed at the southern sky with no dish or any type of reflector whatsoever involved, right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts