FTA question again

jmcmahon

Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Williston, North Dakota
Is there a satellite setup (not directv or dish network) that would allow me to see all the "standard channels" that are available
on the pay services?

If so, how many satellites would all that content be on and which satellite dish would I need and how big of an LNB would I need?

I just don't want to subscribe to a pay service, be under a 2 yr contract that will jack up the price after the first year.
considered Orby but they don't have the sports channels.

Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: primestar31
Is there a satellite setup (not directv or dish network) that would allow me to see all the "standard channels" that are available
on the pay services?

If so, how many satellites would all that content be on and which satellite dish would I need and how big of an LNB would I need?

I just don't want to subscribe to a pay service, be under a 2 yr contract that will jack up the price after the first year.
considered Orby but they don't have the sports channels.

Thanks
That hasn't existed for OVER 30 years. They want to be paid for that stuff.

Look up Orby Tv, which is good for people that don't have good high-speed internet options to do IP tv. No contracts, you can do it month to month.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
That hasn't existed for OVER 30 years. They want to be paid for that stuff.

Look up Orby Tv, which is good for people that don't have good high-speed internet options to do IP tv. No contracts, you can do it month to month.

Mike, he says he looked into Orby. I think his solution is Orby plus a single streaming service

As long as there is good enough internet bandwidth for streaming. Otherwise sports is somewhat hit-and-miss in FTA, requires big movable dish, C and Ku, and still may not get the game you want.

@jmcmahon keep warm! We're chillin' out NE of u.. :)

Between Orby tv and the Streaming with My Enigma2 FTA receiver (You tube and IPTV). Plenty to watch. I may not get the actual sporting events but there is plenty of highlights on you tube. I watch the free movies (Popcornflix) and Super Channel Gr. IPTV mostly when it comes to streaming tv.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)