FTA system or add on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
I have a 4DTV 922 with a ten fot dish and C &KU LNB's will I receive more satellites with a dedicated FTA system or by hooking the FTA recever up to my 4DTV system.

I have not installed my FTA systm yet, for the FTA system I have a six foot soild dish, BSC 621-2, Gbox and twoCoolsat receivers a CS 6000 and an 8000 HD. Thinking bout buying an azbox hd.

My basic question is what will give me the most viewing pleasure, hooking up to my 4DTV system or a dedicated FTA system.

I have a 4DTV 922 with a ten fot dish and C &KU LNB's will I receive more satellites with a dedicated FTA system or by hooking the FTA recever up to my 4DTV system.

I have not installed my FTA systm yet, for the FTA system I have a six foot soild dish, BSC 621-2, Gbox and twoCoolsat receivers a CS 6000 and an 8000 HD. Thinking bout buying an azbox hd.

My basic question is what will give me the most viewing pleasure, hooking up to my 4DTV system or a dedicated FTA system.

I like my free TV on the 12' BUD the best...I don't pay anything, & It's legal...

Since you mentioned the CS8000 and possibly an AZBox I'd probably incorporate the 8000 into the 10 foot setup just because those DVB-S2 feeds that the 8000 can get you need as big of a dish as possible to lock those in.

You could probably use the 6 footer with the Coolsat 6000 and have 2 systems. If you run into a HD feed on the 6000 just input it into the 8000. Since the 6000 can't log DVB-S2 (and the 8000 doenst have blind scan) to find DVB-S2 stuff it has to all be inputted. Heck you could incorporate the 8000 into BOTH systems with a diseqc switch.

really bad drawing attached. Just split the C & KU lines from the 10 footer to the 4DTV and a diseqc switch. Use the loop out on the 6000 to the 3rd port of a diseqc switch. This would allow you to watch one program on the 8000 (via the 10 footer) while you scan with the 6 footer

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 141
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)