FTA system or add on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
I have a 4DTV 922 with a ten fot dish and C &KU LNB's will I receive more satellites with a dedicated FTA system or by hooking the FTA recever up to my 4DTV system.

I have not installed my FTA systm yet, for the FTA system I have a six foot soild dish, BSC 621-2, Gbox and twoCoolsat receivers a CS 6000 and an 8000 HD. Thinking bout buying an azbox hd.

My basic question is what will give me the most viewing pleasure, hooking up to my 4DTV system or a dedicated FTA system.

I have a 4DTV 922 with a ten fot dish and C &KU LNB's will I receive more satellites with a dedicated FTA system or by hooking the FTA recever up to my 4DTV system.

I have not installed my FTA systm yet, for the FTA system I have a six foot soild dish, BSC 621-2, Gbox and twoCoolsat receivers a CS 6000 and an 8000 HD. Thinking bout buying an azbox hd.

My basic question is what will give me the most viewing pleasure, hooking up to my 4DTV system or a dedicated FTA system.

I like my free TV on the 12' BUD the best...I don't pay anything, & It's legal...

Since you mentioned the CS8000 and possibly an AZBox I'd probably incorporate the 8000 into the 10 foot setup just because those DVB-S2 feeds that the 8000 can get you need as big of a dish as possible to lock those in.

You could probably use the 6 footer with the Coolsat 6000 and have 2 systems. If you run into a HD feed on the 6000 just input it into the 8000. Since the 6000 can't log DVB-S2 (and the 8000 doenst have blind scan) to find DVB-S2 stuff it has to all be inputted. Heck you could incorporate the 8000 into BOTH systems with a diseqc switch.

really bad drawing attached. Just split the C & KU lines from the 10 footer to the 4DTV and a diseqc switch. Use the loop out on the 6000 to the 3rd port of a diseqc switch. This would allow you to watch one program on the 8000 (via the 10 footer) while you scan with the 6 footer

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 141
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts