FTV Blues, Need HD box...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
My wife is despondent because the FTV is down. Since she suffers from a disability, she is what we used to call a shut in. This is often the only joy for her when I go to work. In the past, board members were so helpful that they got me going with the motorized, and a cband. Anybody have any recommends on an HD box? I thought of going to the dish network, but then how would i still get my fta stuff? I have to have my Whitesprings! LOL any ideas? As always thanks to the members of the board.

How would having DN prevent you from getting your FTA 'stuff'? Last I looked, FTA prevents the need for me to have DN.

prevention

well, i have the fta box, and i would have to replace it. i know those with the ninja skills can run fta box and dn box. i suppose i could learn how to do that. i think i should get the hd box, any recs?

I see a couple Coolsat 8000's on ebay in the $150 range. Not a great price, but a decent price ( mine was about $225 and I thought that was a bargain). That would be my choice for an every now and then HD box.
:)

Probably will make more sense to go with Dish Network.

From FTV's website:

FTV HD (Fashion TV in High Definition) is now available in the USA on Galaxy 19 satellite, the channel is encrypted. In order to upgrade to FTV High Definition- please contact vlad@ftv.com ; you will need to purchase HD receiver and decoder card; the Decoder card annually fee is 299$.

DN will cost more than $299/year, but you'll get a lot more than one channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts