FuboTV 5-day trial

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
Great time of the year for the 5-day trial. Today all the NFL Saturday games are exclusively on NFL Network. Noticed FUBO has no CBS or even ESPN channels but does have a few YTTV doesn't offer like NFL Network, Pac12 Network, and History channel. I won't keep it but may try again next season if they expand mainly need CBS and ESPN. A little pricy for not having all the Networks and ESPN channels I don't see what group of viewers they are trying to satisfy.

I just did the trial for today's Saturday NFL games and already canceled so cost nothing. Quality isn't as good as YTTV for sports either.

Great time of the year for the 5-day trial. Today all the NFL Saturday games are exclusively on NFL Network. Noticed FUBO has no CBS or even ESPN channels but does have a few YTTV doesn't offer like NFL Network, Pac12 Network, and History channel. I won't keep it but may try again next season if they expand mainly need CBS and ESPN. A little pricy for not having all the Networks and ESPN channels I don't see what group of viewers they are trying to satisfy.
The lack of CBS isn't a national issue with fuboTV, just for certain markets. Here in Houston they have the local CBS station. I'm with them mainly because they carry both my RSNs, the one Dish no longer carries (Fox Sports Southwest) and the one I really wanted that Dish never carried (AT&T Sportsnet Southwest, with the Astros and Rockets). Curiously AT&T's own streaming services don't carry the channel.

As a Left Coast person, I have trouble understanding why someone might subscribe to FuboTV primarily for the Pac-12 Network, but then not be able to watch the bigger and more interesting match-ups in college football and basketball on ABC or the ESPN networks, let alone the college bowl games.

Just noticed this thread. After several services failed to satisfy, I tried Fubo TV. It is working great on my Apple TV 4K box. I love that it has on line DVR capability and that works well too, 500 hours. Not much interested in the sports channels but the other cable news channels and some others like Discovery and History, I can record and watch later is nice. Just loaded it today with a 7 day trial. The price is about the same as others and will save me about half what I am paying for Dish Network.

For local TV I have the TIVO Edge now which also is working great.

Reactions: Nominal
FuboTV is moving more quickly toward going the way of PS Vue than even I expected:

It’s a tough way to start the year for fuboTV subscribers, the service not only has lost Disney-owned Fox networks (FX, FXM, FXX, and Nat Geo) — but has also lost 21 Fox Regional Sports Networks and YES Network. While the service still carries RSNs from NBC Sports, NESN, MSG, and AT&T Sportsnet Southwest — it’s a major blow to subscribers for a service that positions themselves for sports fans.

Fox RSNs & YES Network Dropped From fuboTV, After Deal Expires Without New Extension with Sinclair

Without ESPN, FuboTV was already a nonstarter for me. Three-quarters of the reason I still have a live TV service is for my RSNs, and my market is directly affected by this.

Thanks for the heads up. While this was not an incentive for me as I never watched these channels except for rare FXm maybe 2-3 times last year. I'll be dropping Fubo TV if they lose the News channels. I can see this cord cutting will be plagued with constant bickering among all the various services. The News opinion shows are important especially CNBC and FoxNews and Fox Business. The rest I can tolerate losing. I do get CNBC through my broker banking software but no DVR.

I'm open to any other that works on Apple TV 4K and has cloud DVR like FuboTV. I really like that feature. It's working very well for me so far.

A bit of reading on sling offerings and it appears to do what I need as well. I read some reviews that claim image quality is not as good as FuboTV but the review was last summer. It also only offers 50 hrs of DVR for $5 while FuboTV is 500 hours. I can live with 50 so not a big concern. If Fubo fails to live up to what I want, sling will probably be my next choice. Once I add all the a la carte extras, the cost is about equal.

Last edited:
Yeah this service isn’t long for the world. I foresee Hulu, ytttv, sling and maybe att and Philo making it. Philo only if they keep the price in line with the offerings.

Fubu I never saw the appeal of for a service that marketed itself as something sports fans should embrace.

Don you mention DVR capability as one of your main points. All of the competitors offer it in some form. YTTV offers the best that I’ve used of the ones still available. Hulu works well too, but at a cost.
What about Fubu dvr did you like in particular?

After several months using Fubu service daily and its 500 hour DVR I can say it's a keeper. No quality issues on signal and never a lost recorded program

I have all my favorite programs set up for DVR watching. 500 hours of cloud DVR is working flawlessly. There is no limitation on the number of simultaneous programs I can record like with Dish or my Tivo.

What I don't like-
The commercial skip ahead is a 10 second skip so to skip through a commercial break requires I toggle the fwd button many times. I wish they had a 30 second skip or better yet a complete commercial break skip like TIVO does. Since I am using an AppleTV I can use the fast scan ahead with the touch pad and rapidly scan with thumbnail timeline to the end of the break or do the same through parts of a show.
Also to delete a series of shows I no longer care to watch, I must delete them one at a time and suffer through the nag screens to make sure I want to delete them from the DVR. I wish they had a select feature I could select several programs and delete them all in one operation.

What is missing that I found I don't really miss for the channels I watch:
Audio is limited to stereo, not even dolby digital.
Video doesn't offer any 4K or HDR, but I don't miss it as my projector does an excellent job of upconverting all Fubu to 4K 60p. HDR helps improve some movies but I don't watch movie channels on FUBU.

I understand other services have cloud dvr features too, but in carefully vetting the channel selections and cost, FUBU turned out to be the best deal offering me what I wanted. Sling was next in line.

Reactions: Nominal
I just looked at FUBU after reading uyour post.. It seems it does have 4K sometimes on sports. When I have time I'll look closer, their pricing structure is a search and that to me is a not a good sign. All I ask of any service is "give me the mumbers and tell me what I get for it".. I don't need the hype first. I wouldn't be looking if I wasn't interested already.

I didn't get the sports pack so that 4K could be for Sports. I was mainly interested in the History channel that many others didn't offer History channel for some reason, or it was more expensive. The price I ended up paying with a 500 hour DVR is $59.99 per month. This gave me half the price of what I had on Dish Network when I was paying $133 ( included Showtime). I still have Showtime through Amazon Prime at 2/3 the Dish price.

Here's how things break down:

• Fubo Standard is "the classic base package." That gets you some 109 channels, 30 hours of cloud DVR, and the ability to watch two things at once. It costs $54.99 a month.
  • Next is the Family plan. It has the same 109 channels and bumps the cloud DVR to 500 hours, and adds the ability to watch on three screens at a time. It costs $59.99 a month.
  • Then there's the Ultra plan. It bumps you up to the old "Fubo Extra" listings, with 179 channels in total. Plus there's 500 hours of cloud DVR, three screens at once, Showtime, and the Sports Plus add-on. It costs $79.99 a month. (You get $5 off each of the first three months.)
  • And if Spanish-language TV is your thing, you can get Latino Quarterly, which has 33 channels of Fubo Latino, billed every three months at $19.99 a month. It also comes with 30 hours of cloud DVR, and the ability to watch on three screens at once.
Fubo TV's plans come with a free one-week trial.

I guess what I have is the Family Plan according to the new chart.

Here is a good overview for the service. Fubo TV Packages & Pricing in 2020: Channel List, DVR, Add-ons

Not sure what device hardware you have but check to be sure it will support Fubo TV. I am using the Apple TV 4K that is working well but the remote control is BT not IR. There is a way to program the Apple TV 4K with limited IR control in addition to it's little BT touch pad controller.

Reactions: Marcingak
I find fubo TV's website poorly designed. It's hard to make out which channels it carries.

The icons of channels and not even alphabetically sorted is hard on the eyes. And why is the current background that of Anderson Cooper (CNN)? CNN is pretty polarizing for some.

Anyways, I had a hard time locating TBS and TNT in the icon list, but found it.

And then when it came to packages, it just seems like for some of the extra channels, at first, it seems like one must get the $79.99 Ultra package - a high price point. Later, I looked through and see that one could combine Fubo Family with Fubo Extra, if one doesn't want Showtime or Sports Plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts