What sets fuboTV apart from DirecTV?

I understand it already without it being applied to help me. I never even thought subscriber losses were that huge this year! I remember back in 2019 I think the providers were only losing a couple hundred thousand subscribers. Nowadays over a million every Q???
It is actually 2 million every quarter, I was just including the 3 main providers of the RSNs.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
NO big deal .... according to you and a few others, everything not Streaming will cease to exist soon.

I am not one of them as I expect D* to be around till at least another 5-7 years.
Ota will be around a lot longer than that.

People posting that this company or that company are losing X amount of subs every year or quarter does Nothing for the actual customer unless they are in the process of moving from 1 to another, the other 75 Billion could care less.

Personally, it gets tiring to see this stuff posted every week.

I am not one of them as I expect D* to be around till at least another 5-7 years.
Ok, simple math, here-

In the first half of this year, DirecTV payments to AT&T fell to $1.9 billion from $2.7 billion a year earlier.

So a $800 million drop in 6 months ( if I read that right) 1.6 Billion in a year, if the rate of losses (subs leaving) do not increase ( they will), so 3 years of $1.6 Billion each year, is $4.8 Billion.

So this year, profit is $3.8 Billion
2024-$2.2 Billion after another $1.6 Billion lost
2025-$600 million after another $1.6 Billion lost
2026-negative $1 billion after another $1.6 Billion lost….unprofitable

Story from here-

Ota will be around a lot longer than that.
I have never posted OTA is going away.
Personally, it gets tiring to see this stuff posted every week.
This is the cord cutters part of this site, of course it will get posted here.

You guys kept reporting me to the mods when I was posting in the DirecTY Sunday Ticket thread, so I quit posting in that part of the site.

Ok, simple math, here-

DirecTV payments to AT&T fell to $1.9 billion from $2.7 billion a year earlier.

So a $800 million drop in a year, if the rate of losses (subs leaving) do not increase ( they will), so 3 years of $800 Million each year, is $2.4 Billion.

So this year, profit is $1.9 Billion
2024-$1.1 Billion
2025-$300 Million
2026-negative 500 million…unprofitable.

Story from here-

I have never posted OTA is going away.

This is the cord cutters part of this site, of course it will get posted here.

You guys kept reporting me to the mods when I was posting in the DirecTY Sunday Ticket thread, so I quit posting in that part of the site.
Do you ever have anything Positive to post OTHER than Streaming ????

Do you ever have anything Positive to post OTHER than Streaming ????
I have posted many times that Peacock and AMC+ have no chance of success .

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Late getting in on this one, but I prefer Fubo simply because when I have reason to deal with support (rarely), I do not have to deal with the substandard service I got used to when I was with DTV. Maybe they have fixed that problem now, it's been a couple of years.

I used to have Fubo and liked it but because I didn't use all it's services it got to be expensive. I found Frndly TV a much better bargain for those channels I wanted. I also had Fubo stock and dumped it when I was up and since it has dropped to all time lows, now a penny stock. Lakebum clued me in on the company issues and warned me to keep an eye on the stock. Glad he did.

• Wow
I used to have Fubo and liked it but because I didn't use all it's services it got to be expensive. I found Frndly TV a much better bargain for those channels I wanted. I also had Fubo stock and dumped it when I was up and since it has dropped to all time lows, now a penny stock. Lakebum clued me in on the company issues and warned me to keep an eye on the stock. Glad he did.
Lost another 118,000 subs in the second quarter, has lost about 300,000 since they added Bally Sports and started charging a RSN fee, down to 1.1 Million subs, read they are almost out of cash that investors gave them.

In contrast, YouTube TV, without the RSNs, is the only Live TV Provider that gains subs reported every quarter, now up to 6 Million, in just 5 years, only 900,000 less then Dish Network.

Y'all do realize I can't go without RSNs, right?
The vast majority can do without, when Cable/DirecTV started charging that RSN fee, was basically when Cord Cutting started, it made people come to understand they were paying for a channel they never watch, then they looked and notice the same about the other channels, now look where we are, 30 million gone, about 7 million this year ( 4 million already this year), estimated 8-10 next year.

After 2024, 2025, the rest of the RSNs will start shutting down, not just because of those leaving, but also only Comcast, Charter, DirecTV ( and a few smaller companies) carries them, just not enough subs paying that per sub fee.

Math just does not lie.

• Sad