Full DirecTV Price Increase Letter

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You all should think about getting the Para Todos packages. You get basically the same channels(no WGN, BBC are teh major ones) but at a discount. I am paying $7 less than TC+ w/locals in a comparable package w/locals that did not change in price, so now is $10 less. You also get some nifty brochures in Spanish with your bill. :)

Just a thought.

On a side note, how can I get out of my newly renewed 2 year contract? Got an R15 2 months ago and all of this BS about leasing and price increases has me kind of miffed at D*. Would I be able to just send them the R15 to cancel?

Last edited:
joedekock said:
Yeah, its not so bad at $3.00, so its even better for the HD subscribers. It was going to happen sooner or later. Didn't D* go all last year without an increase? So the last one was in 2004 right?
no

joedekock said:
Its not D* wanting to "take" your money. I know for a fact the channels like Fox News, ESPN and Discovery raised their rates to the satellite and cable subscribers by 15-25%. They are the ones to blame.
Ahh so Rupert raises rates for FOX to D* that he owns and blames it on the content providers. Ingenius.

Tonedeaf said:
You all should think about getting the Para Todos packages. You get basically the same channels(no WGN, BBC are teh major ones) but at a discount. I am paying $7 less than TC+ w/locals in a comparable package w/locals that did not change in price, so now is $10 less. You also get some nifty brochures in Spanish with your bill. :)
Just a thought.
On a side note, how can I get out of my newly renewed 2 year contract? Got an R15 2 months ago and all of this BS about leasing and price increases has me kind of miffed at D*. Would I be able to just send them the R15 to cancel?
Any idea if you can get NFL Sunday ticket with any of the spanish packages or the new Family plan? D* has us by the balls with Sunday Ticket.

vurbano said:
Ahh so Rupert raises rates for FOX to D* that he owns and blames it on the content providers. Ingenius.

Yep thats the way it is done. Cable company's such as TW and Comcast who also own channels have bean playing this game for years.

Ok dumb question but I can't open the attachment..can someone tell me how much TC without locals will be?

Hi, ...I'm new....Wow Tonedeaf, you look like a cross between Andy Kaufman and Ron Jeremy... both of them are my heroes by the way, so I hope you take that as a compliment....anyway...great site, Hi Iceberg, Hi Scott, Hi Sean, Hi Ebonovic, I'm up in this MuthaF***er!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Here is a full copy of the DirecTV Price Increase letter which was sent to all dealers overnight.

Guess its official now.

I noticed the fax said "new" customers. I hope this is the case as I would hate to "stop being loved" by going back to cable. A $6/ month increase is unacceptable.

Wasn't it just like a month ago that they announced that there would be no price increases for 2006? What happened? I wrote them about the direction that they are taking, 2 year commitments, lease program, charging for HD and not giving full HD, unrealized promise of added HD content, a behemoth dish on my roof, etc ...

They called me and told me that they appreciated my business and didn't want to lose me as a customer. The CSR told me that I would have all HD channels by the end of the year, that I didn't have to get the new dish because I was in NY and several other lies, then they offered me Showtime for free for 6 months. I told them to keep there Showtime.

I started with D* because of how different they were then the cable companies. It looks like they are becoming more and more like the cable companies every day.

vurbano said:
I didn't know Mr. Murdoch owned ESPN, Discovery, and Lifetime, the main price increase culprits (in addition to Fox). I guess we learn something every day. :rolleyes:

this is all still romer even with the alleged "faxs" until there is a press release BY DIRECTV.

Last edited:
Wife and I have decided that right before the price increase we are calling and dropping both HBO and the HD pak to cut some fat out of our Directv bill, and as a silent protest to the price increase.

You're right, they are turning into the cable company. I can't wait until FiOS is available.

Neutron said:
Wife and I have decided that right before the price increase we are calling and dropping both HBO and the HD pak to cut some fat out of our Directv bill, and as a silent protest to the price increase.
You're right, they are turning into the cable company. I can't wait until FiOS is available.
Too bad the $1 price REDUCTION in your HD package would have offset 1/3 of the price increase...

I may just drop my non HD locals. Right there is the three dollars and I get them through my lifeline cable. They want to play games, so can we. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts