Full time RSN's on Dish?

I've never seen so many requests from one person on RSNs.

Most people follow a team, and that is the only RSN they are interested in.
Because out of Market teams are blacked out anyway, unless you pay for a seasonal sports pack, which usually has their own feeds anyway.
Like MLB EI Games are on 476-** in HD and SD.

I mean seriously, How many channels does one need to watch the World Poker Tour, The Dan Patrick Show, West Coast Customs

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The only one I wish they would expand on is FSN Wisconsin since it is a 24/7 RSN but is only carried part time (games only) on Dish. It use to be a feed of FSN North (with Bucks, Brewers and Badger games) but since 07 has been its own RSN
Minnesota gets both FSN North and FSN Wisconsin but are blacked out for pro sports (in most areas...there are some areas that do get both Twins and Brewers). But there is programming on FSN WI that isnt on FSN North

Reactions: Troch77
The only one I wish they would expand on is FSN Wisconsin since it is a 24/7 RSN but is only carried part time (games only) on Dish
Minnesota gets both FSN North and FSN Wisconsin but are blacked out for pro sports (in most areas...there are some areas that do get both Twins and Brewers). But there is programming on FSN WI that isnt on FSN North
That's different though.
And don't you live in the area?

Allen was excited to get Fox Sports Deportes lol.

I would like to Get SNY and even Comcast Philadelphia.
But I could care less about Any other RSNs going HD since I like my IN market sports teams.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That's different though.
And don't you live in the area?
yes I live in the area (Minneapolis) but this is different than other former "subfeeds" like Root Sports Utah and FS Indiana. They are literally feeds for the local team. Otherwise they get the mother feed (Root RM and FS Midwest)

Satellite subs in both MN & WI get both FSN North and FSN Wisconsin. Until 2007 FS Wisco was just a part time feed for Brewers, Bucks and Badger games. In 2007 they made FS Wisco a full time RSN. Cable in Wisconsin gets FS Wisco which does have some local programming different than FS North does. Part of the confusion is that there are Minnesota DMA's that go into Wisconsin and in some areas (NorthEastern MN) both the Twins and Brewers claim it. So when I lived in Duluth I could see the Twins on FS North and Brewers on the alternate channel. The MN side of the Minneapolis market does not get Brewers games but the Wisconsin side gets both (confused yet)? ;)

Directv does have some of the programming but in SD only (they are HD for ball games only)

in fact FS Wisconsin is the only full time RSN that both Dish and Directv carry part time. Every other RSN that is 24/7 either its carried or its not

Allen was excited to get Fox Sports Deportes lol.
He would get excited if Al Jazeera (the Arabic version) had a HD feed on Dish ;)

Because out of Market teams are blacked out anyway, unless you pay for a seasonal sports pack, which usually has their own feeds anyway.
Like MLB EI Games are on 476-** in HD and SD.

I mean seriously, How many channels does one need to watch the World Poker Tour, The Dan Patrick Show, West Coast Customs

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Lol, thus the reason for my question...

I predict that this shut off of the HD feed at midnight (PT) is going to be problem for the MLB games that start at night on the west coast. It's not uncommon for long extra innings games to last well after midnight. Do you think the HD RSN will stay on the air in this case?

I was saying that because I heard a rumor that DISH was talking to YES Network since COMCAST dropped them it would have been a way to get new customers from Comcast. Unfortunately no deal was done.

My guess (and I have no inside info here) on why they go off at night is because DISH uses that bandwidth to send VOD movies to the hard drives of their Hopper Systems. So this way people without high speed internet can still have VOD... plus for those without fast enough internet still h ave access to a lot of the 4K VOD content DISH offers. This is the only thing I can think of.
I like that theory. It hadn't even occured to me, but it makes real sense. You're probably correct.

I predict that this shut off of the HD feed at midnight (PT) is going to be problem for the MLB games that start at night on the west coast. It's not uncommon for long extra innings games to last well after midnight. Do you think the HD RSN will stay on the air in this case?

Or if there is a rain delay.

If i recall right, last year or the year before a Cardinals game went till like 230AM central time and they never shut off the HD Feed. I highly doubt they would shut it off if a live game is still happening. Then again that was an Alt channel but still someone was still in control of it to leave the HD feed up that late.

Worst case scenario in that case is go up to the MLB E.I channels and browse through them till you find your game. the black out time alloted would be over by then...I had to do that to find that darn Cardinals game in the Alt. channels...

Worst case scenario in that case is go up to the MLB E.I channels and browse through them till you find your game. the black out time alloted would be over by then...
Wouldn't you have to subscribe to MLB EI to see those channels? A west coast game is not likely to be on the one MLB EI channel that remains unhidden all of the time to non-subscribers.

Reactions: Tampa8
How hard would it be for them to retarget the HD channels to the SD feed during that time period? That way at least recordings or viewing wouldn't be interrupted, just degraded.

I have my timer set on the four digit HD channel that starts with a 5***...so that won't work since SD AND HD RSN channels are different channels and usually on different satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)