Full time RSN's on Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Allen, I think you just earned a spot at the head table for finding this one.

As for Directv, the only reason for me contemplating switching is now debunked. Dish offically has more of what I want than Directv.

With having HD RSNs, they have
EPIX
SiriusXM Music
Autohop (for now)
Prefer Red Zone to Sunday Ticket
well thank you very much you guys all i like to do on this forum is to some way help you guys one way or another you guys also help me out also too.i like reading your posts here on satguys you can learn alot being on here,

Could it be that the reason DISH is blacking out the RSN HD feeds for 8 hours every night is because Charlie's contracts with the RSN's are for part-time HD feeds, which could have lower license fees (than the 24-hour HD feeds) ???

Thus, he may be trying to dodge paying higher license fees for the 25 RSN's by keeping them "part-time".... Given DISH's long history of playing games with license fees (i.e.. Disney HD feeds) this idea just hit me tonight as a plausible reason for such a ridiculous non-logical action by DISH (ie. shutting down the HD feeds every night).....

Nonetheless, if this theory proves to be right, wouldn't the RSN programmers quickly cry "foul" as this being a violation of the "spirit" of the original contracts and force Charlie to pay up (for the upgraded feeds) ?

I doubt this temporary price reduction leads many providers to come to an agreement. It appears the offer of 30% off, is just for one year. Why would providers do a 1 year deal, then risk having to pull the channel if they can't come to another agreement.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...e-warner-dodgers-reaction-20160324-story.html
Yes, I later found that out. For crying out loud, what a sad attempt by TWC. If an MVPD takes the 30% offer, they have to be right back at the bargaining table in less than a year. Jeez!

My understanding was that the HD Only guide setting did not hide the SD feeds of the RSNs because the HD feeds were only part-time. My guess was that when Dish made the HD feeds full time (most time?) they changed the flags on the channels so that the SD duplicates would be hidden. Dish apparently reversed that change, according to the Hopper users who posted in this thread. I was thinking that this change would have affected every HD receiver, though. (If in fact that is what Dish did.)

I can confirm that on my VIP receiver that the SD channels were gone from "My Channels" guide on Wed then reappeared the following day. I can also confirm that Warriors midnight replay is only available in SD on my RSN...just as before. In fact if I punch in the channel number on the remote it will say that this channel is totally unavailable...Error 031.

Could it be that the reason DISH is blacking out the RSN HD feeds for 8 hours every night is because Charlie's contracts with the RSN's are for part-time HD feeds, which could have lower license fees (than the 24-hour HD feeds) ???

Thus, he may be trying to dodge paying higher license fees for the 25 RSN's by keeping them "part-time".... Given DISH's long history of playing games with license fees (i.e.. Disney HD feeds) this idea just hit me tonight as a plausible reason for such a ridiculous non-logical action by DISH (ie. shutting down the HD feeds every night).....

Nonetheless, if this theory proves to be right, wouldn't the RSN programmers quickly cry "foul" as this being a violation of the "spirit" of the original contracts and force Charlie to pay up (for the upgraded feeds) ?
Unlikely they just likely signed a new deal with most of the RSNs with the Fox settlement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unlikely they just likely signed a new deal with most of the RSNs with the Fox settlement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
there are about 2 to 4 RSN channels that need to be added from fox.they should be coming real soon right.

You may have swerved into something with Comcast. Maybe one of the reasons DISH wanted arbitration was the feeling that would be the only way to get Comcast Philly without paying the outrageous price that has been asked. There are a some others like CSNNE that are off DISH so it isn't that far fetched to think all that could get resolved. SNY cutting the asking price may be the first sign that the sky's the limit for RSN's is over. (I hope)
that would be a directv move..

Tampa8's theory is that these flags were only turned on in the Hoppers because he never lost his SD duplicates on Wednesday afternoon....Is that technically possible ???
There is a guide setting that will show all of the SD duplicates (not just the RSNs) which is why I asked Tampa whether he had his guide set to hide or show SD feeds, since he never lost the SD feeds.

Nonetheless, we would not be having any SD/ HD issue here if DISH didn't keep these ridiculous overnight 8-hour HD black-outs.... By keeping the blackouts we're forced to have 25 RSN's with SD duplicates even though they're full-time HD.... No setting in the Guide can get rid of them !
Apparently, there is no guide setting that can automatically hide these RSN SD feeds. So, if you wish to hide them, I would recommend going into the Locks, setting Channel Locks for the SD feeds, and then Hide the locked channels. That should remove them from the guide. This is not as convenient as having a setting to automatically remove them, but at least it is an option.

I can confirm that on my VIP receiver that the SD channels were gone from "My Channels" guide on Wed then reappeared the following day. I can also confirm that Warriors midnight replay is only available in SD on my RSN...just as before. In fact if I punch in the channel number on the remote it will say that this channel is totally unavailable...Error 031.
That does seem to confirm my theory that all HD receivers set to hide SD duplicates should have been affected.

After giving it some more thought, it did occur to me that there is a difference in the way the Hopper handles channel mapping, and it is not just because of the RSNs being on collapsible channel numbers. On the Hopper, all of the four-digit channels that have map-down channel numbers are hidden, so they only show up on the map-down channels, if you subscribe to them. (There are still four-digit channel numbers in red on the All Channels list.) On older receivers, the channels you receive show up on both channel numbers. So I suppose that it is also possible for a change like this to only affect Hoppers, although I don't know why Dish would make such a change.

Sportsnet NY is owned by Fox Sports not Comcast Sports

Are you sure about that? I know Wiki isn't always 100% correct, but according to it, SNY "is a joint venture between the New York Mets (which owns a controlling 65% interest), Time Warner Cable (which owns 27%) and Comcast (which owns 8%)."

Reactions: Troch77
if dish can get yes for the right price know alot of people request this channel alot along with SNY since dish completed a fox networks contact so maybe i would say maybe
Are you saying this indicates a move to Dish for YES?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts