Future NEW DirecTv Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

juanabove

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Irvine, CA
Hey Everybody,

I'm finally leaving Dish because of their refusal to carry the TWC sportsnet channel, while I'm happy with their service, I miss my Lakers, even though they suck! My question to you guys are there any packages/configurations or suggestions I should ask the DirecTV rep before taking the plunge?

I'm trying to set up 3 TVs with the Genie system and I'm working with an At&t rep. Current offer I'm receiving is No install charge , no equipment charges and $5 off monthly for bundle-ing my services. Also a $50 gift card to cover the activation charge. So Xtra package it is $61.99 for the 1st year than $81.99 the 2nd year, $5 more a month for the Ultimate package. Good deal???? Should I wait for the new HR44 receiver?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and I'm excited to join the DirecTv Family.

JA

I would take a look at the new customer pricing at DirecTV.com. Looks like you might get better pricing going through DirecTV and not bundling (or bundling after the fact). If you order Xtra online right now you can get it for $34.99 a month for 12 months, a much better price. DirecTV will have no problem hooking you up with a Genie and 2 clients at no cost.
As far as waiting for the HR44, I don't see why. I don't have any issues with my HR34. Speed wise its great and I have no complaints. The capacity isn't increasing, only speed, but as I said before I don't have speed issues with the HR34. If you need wireless, maybe wait but even then, just switch now, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

If you are a member AAA with a referral gets about $300 total off over two years. Otherwise, Costco and similiar have good offers too.

You can always bundle it after your savings run out and get the $5 savings then.

I would sign up directly with Directv or what jcrandall recommended. Also if you do the referral you can get $10 off your bill for 10 months. Any one of the staff here who has Directv can help you with that if you don't have any family and friends who can get you a referral.

agreed with what was said above

THEN you can move the service to AT&T for the extra discount

Thanks Everybody for all the useful information. Looks like if I go through Costco, I could get a $200 gift card + $5 dollars off for 12 months on Ultimate packages and above. Does anyone know if I can also combine a referral discount plus the bundeling discount from AT&T on this, or is it one offer per account? Thanks guys again for everything!!!!

dont worry about the bundling part yet but yes you can

I have it bundled through my Telco (Centurylink formerly Qwest) and I get all my discounts and referrals just fine. The Telco just bills it like DIrectv does but adds extra discounts (I have $5 off D* and $10 off my internet because of bundling)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)