Future Receivers

jbrelish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
OK, the Hopper/Joey seems to be the in thing for Dish now. The VIP 922 does not seem to appear on the Dish site as a receiver now available. I don't see the VIP 622 listed anymore which is sad for me being I just had one installed 12/2010(Dish choice,not mine). I was told by a DIRT member that the Hopper/Joey setup cannot be used in combination with other presently used receivers. I wanted to ease slowly into this with 1 Hopper/1 Joey to replace the 2 VIP 612's and leave the VIP 622 in place. Told that will not work.

So my question to all of you who have far greater knowledge of this than I have, do you see or know of any development beside the Hopper/Joey? Everything I see written here seems to indicate its Hopper/Joey or the older receivers.

Check back here at SatelliteGuys on Thursday afternoon / evening as we should have a MUCH better idea of where DISH is going in the future as we will be reporting LIVE from the DISH Network Team Summit event in Orlando. :)

I'm betting a 6 tuner hopper will be shown, complete with ota usb tuners you can add to it. Then there will be no need for two hopper integration. Solves the two lacking features the present hopper has and everyone has to pay to upgrade to it AGAIN. :wink:

Too soon for a 6 tuner version, IMHO, but I do hope one is coming.

Too soon for a 6 tuner version, IMHO, but I do hope one is coming.

I agree it's too soon. Hopper isn't even two months old. Even if a "Hopper+" is nearing completion it would be sort of anticlimatic at this point. Better to make a big deal of it later on and get a fresh round of publicity. I have my doubts about a six tuner version unless they get to a more SWM-like LNB/Switch.

Ty Scott and have a great time at the summit and cant wait to here the news from the summit :)

I don't have Hopper at this point, but I think I'd prefer a 2 integrated Hopper approach myself. It's certainly been nice on the occasions that I've had my 722 die to swap the seldom used 612 from the bedroom to the living room while waiting for a replacement. A one-box solution would be much nicer in general, but doesn't provide for a temporary swap.

Cold Irons said:
I don't have Hopper at this point, but I think I'd prefer a 2 integrated Hopper approach myself. It's certainly been nice on the occasions that I've had my 722 die to swap the seldom used 612 from the bedroom to the living room while waiting for a replacement. A one-box solution would be much nicer in general, but doesn't provide for a temporary swap.

Hear hear!

Redundancy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)