Future Sat launches (Galaxy 17 & IA-9)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoneShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Northern VA
Does anyone have any information on what Tps will be included with the launch of Galaxy 17 (late 2006) which is supposed to replace G10R at 123W? I assume there should be the same content, since it is supposed to "replace" the older model satellite. I also take it that this would be also the case for IA-5 which is supposed to be replaced by IA-9 next year.

http://www.lyngsat.com/launches/2006.html - Launches this year

http://www.lyngsat.com/launches/2007.html - 2007 launches

Satellite launches have never affected my TV viewing in any way until now. I hope that when they align the new G17 at 123 West, it won't take forever. I'm aware it takes a good long time to align it, test it, blah blah blah before it even goes live. Who knows, we'll see.

techno935 said:
Satellite launches have never affected my TV viewing in any way until now. I hope that when they align the new G17 at 123 West, it won't take forever. I'm aware it takes a good long time to align it, test it, blah blah blah before it even goes live. Who knows, we'll see.

IOT takes time to gather expected performance....When a bird is launched, it does not mean it is ready for service....details, details.....;)

IOT takes time to gather expected performance....When a bird is launched, it does not mean it is ready for service....details, details.....

So does that mean that when they launch the new sat, we won't have access to G10 for some time? If so, generally how long is it usually. . . days? weeks? months? eeek Years?

In the past the changeover for replacement sats has been fairly transparent, unless of course the beam changes ;).

LoneShark said:
So does that mean that when they launch the new sat, we won't have access to G10 for some time? If so, generally how long is it usually. . . days? weeks? months? eeek Years?

We have experienced IOT's between 1 month to 2 months....Not to include the Fly-by for orbital positioning....

Shawn95GT said:
In the past the changeover for replacement sats has been fairly transparent, unless of course the beam changes ;).

Transparent is how it is planed.....It's been a few years since we have experienced "out of the norm"....Domsats normally do not have beam changes upon replacement...Changes in regards to loss or reduction I mean...Changes in regards to addition could be seen though...Of course Galaxy birds is what I am speaking of....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)