Future vacations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I've thought about this for a while now and one of the future vacations that I want to take is a trip to Glacier National Park so that my daughter will be able to see the last of the Glaciers there before they disappear. Regardless of what is causing it the worlds glaciers are disappearing and the photographic proof is there to show it. But I got to thinking more about it and the arctic sea ice is also receeding and there are age old Inuit hunting villages that are on the verge of disappearing as well and their way of life with it so this is another vacation idea I have so that she will see it and remember a piece of history before it dies and vanishes into nothing.

Has anyone else thought about vacations like this? The last I saw the rate of melt for Glacier National Park is another 5 years and they will be gone so I'm hoping to go within the next 2 - 3 years.

I was there about 8 years ago.It was great.There & Waterton Lakes on the Alberta side are well worth the trip.My ex and I took the train to Chicago & drove ther rest of the way there.We did it in the late fall too.It was that much better then.By all means go Van.

We also did Churchill Manitoba in 93 to see the polar bear migration.That was another trip that was well worth the time & effort.

I would have done New Orleans pre Katrina but not now, maybe in 10 years when they get it to %90 restored but not now.

I can see several Canada and Alaska trips coming along and a few trips east and west as well, I just wish that I would have been able to do some of it sooner.

I would have done New Orleans pre Katrina but not now, maybe in 10 years when they get it to %90 restored but not now.

I can see several Canada and Alaska trips coming along and a few trips east and west as well, I just wish that I would have been able to do some of it sooner.
grew up in Anchorage Alaska and traveled most of the state on family vacations,very beautiful state and lots of wild life. I am always ready to go back!:)

Sadly, New Orleans will likely never be 90% restored. That doesn't mean it's not a great place to visit.

And yes, with global warming and the errors made over the years that already result in huge losses of land south of NOLA, we might see more major damage to the area in just the next 10-20 years.

I've been to GNP and it is beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone who loves seeing how beautiful this country can be.

Glacier is definitely in my future. But for now, I have 2 others in the works. I'm headed to Germany in November and Ecuador in February, both to visit friends. That will pretty well exhaust my vacation time and budget until 2011.

On my "bucket" list is a trip to Australia primarily to dive the Great Barrier Reef. I'll probably also stop in Micronesia and dive Truk Lagoon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)