FX and Big Ten really Gone???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nicknjen

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Mid Michigan
Is it just me or did Fox pull the plug on FX, Big Ten, and a couple of other channels? It worked eariler this week and then was going to watch FX last night and nothing.. I couldn't even get a transponder. I am going to really miss this a whole lot if its gone for good! I with out Big Ten.. I won't get my fix of MSU Football and Basket Ball! Please if anyone knows.. let me know if its just me or not.

Its gone. Upgraded to DVB-S2 powervu encrypted.

This was well known and coming. Fox is upgrading all of their transponders to S2 encrypted. That is why those DVB feeds were in the clear for so long. Commercial locations were trying to get the new stuff up and running and they used those as a backup just in case there were issues

I won't get my fix of MSU Football and Basket Ball!
well I guess ya gotta sub to Dish or Directv then

Its gone. Upgraded to DVB-S2 powervu encrypted...

It was my understanding that it switched to Mpeg4 and is being transmitted in S2 + DCII format that only the DSR-6000 series could receive. I haven't scanned regular DVB-S2 for them though... so I could be wrong.

Cheers

Its MPEG4 DVB-S2 powervu encrypted

They are using the same symbol rate and FEC as the other Fox channels on that satellite

That's good news. That means if they ever go ITC for a while, we won't need a $3,000 (manual tune) receiver to get them. :)

Cheers

It was my understanding that it switched to Mpeg4 and is being transmitted in S2 + DCII format that only the DSR-6000 series could receive. I haven't scanned regular DVB-S2 for them though... so I could be wrong.

Cheers
That is the announcement on their official network operators page. It said they were switching all fox networks to the dsr-6000 and dcII. They probably just moved it to powerview while they switch since it did not say that they switched... only they wer moving to that. There are alot of fox channels out there to switch. They even had a tech sheet about the new receiver.

Info here... On right side of the page..... Login

That's good news. That means if they ever go ITC for a while, we won't need a $3,000 (manual tune) receiver to get them. :)

Cheers

Come to think of it, didn't they do this a few years back? I seem to remember this happening for about 6 months then they came back. By the way, good to see you again Anony55! Have a great day

Hmmm. Just noticed that lyingsat was updated and no FX was listed. The other fox channels were, but no Big ten or fx. Then I did a scan because my 9200 will scan in encrypted channels it just won't display them and again no fx or big ten. Are they maybe hiding pids like the cw does? Granted Lyingsat, (I know its lyngsat, but everyone knows some of the info is outdated so that is my pet name for it,) can go awhile between updates, but I have never seen them omit a channel. If it there in some format or another, they list it. Last scan was done.......R Roessel
110707.. And tp 3800 is blank. We will just have to see where they went. Fiber maybe?

Confirming FX e&w are no longer on their previous transponders, I get a No SIGNAL (not scrambled), rescaned sat and don't see either listed in new scans (S9 openbox). Darn, I just found out sons of anarchy was on tuesdays' 10pm.

Confirming FX e&w are no longer on their previous transponders, I get a No SIGNAL (not scrambled), rescaned sat and don't see either listed in new scans (S9 openbox). Darn, I just found out sons of anarchy was on tuesdays' 10pm.

Unfortunately yes, they went out Wednesday night. I hope something comes back, but I wont hold my breath

...By the way, good to see you again Anony55! Have a great day

Good to see you again too, old friend. I guess we're both getting a little older these days. I'm still workin' on the wiser part though. :D

Hopefully, we can end up with a Canadian consumer unit that will do these S2-DCII modes... and have something like Map Master to work on it. You can buy a lot of FSN through the front door for the price of a DSR6000 (three grand). The 6000 is just too new to have a load of used ones popping up on fleabay yet. Worse yet, if they haven't been used, they aren't any good to the hobbyist.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.