This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

FX HD and Speed HD now in TurboHD Silver and Platinum HD packages?

racerx99

Original poster
May 17, 2009
Gainesville, FL
I've been lurking a while and mulling a switch to Dish from Cox Cable (extended basic).

The TurboHD lineups look very attractive to me, but I would like to get FX. I've read all the threads here about FX and Speed HD only being available in Classic Silver + HD.

Today I spoke to 2 online chat CSRs and one phone rep. *ALL* of them told me that FX HD and Speed HD were available in both the TurboHD Silver package and the Platinum HD package.

I *grilled* them on this, reiterating that it wasn't what I had been told from other sources. They all assured me it was true, even when I asked if they were confusing Fashion TV (FTV HD) with FX HD.

However, when I asked for online confirmation, they could not provide me anything, indicating that the website had not yet been updated. I'm cynical, and initially suspected that the initial CSR was misunderstanding his materials. But with 3 CSRs saying the same thing, I'm just confused.

Could they really have responded to feedback so quickly? Frankly, I'm skeptical. Can someone provide independent confirmation?

You are right and the csr's are clueless. Those channels are not currently in any of the Turbo hd packages.

Here's the transcript from my conversation with the first CSR. Note how skeptical I was:

The information you get here is correct.

The information you get from Dish is a crap shoot. A big reason they keep losing subs

Contact CEO immediately!!!

I definately would send this transcript to the CEO at dishnetwork ,too see if they can get rid of this Idiot.I can assure you that FX is NOT available in TUrbo Silver or is it available in Platinum.They need to fire this CSR..

I definately would send this transcript to the CEO at dishnetwork ,too see if they can get rid of this Idiot.I can assure you that FX is NOT available in TUrbo Silver or is it available in Platinum.They need to fire this CSR..

The thing is, I didn't buy it from that CSR after that discussion either. So I did *another* online chat session and asked the same question. I got the same response. So then I call the toll-free number and asked the question *again*, and got the *same* response! Each time I asked if FX was available on the TurboHD plans, then asked *again* after explaining how I understood it from here. These were not misstatements, and they were very consistent.

So it's not a clueless CSR, because all 3 had the same info. Either they really did change the policy, or they've given incorrect info to the CSRs. I'm betting on the latter.

That's exactly it. I know the initial reaction is to jump on the "clueless CSR" here, but they aren't clueless. They are repeating exactly what they have been told. It is not their fault that a CSR or even multiple CSRs do not know what we know.

They are the symptoms.

Educating the CSR's is the problem, and that is completely broken.