Fx HD Problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonpie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Princeton,N.C.
Anyone having a problem on FX HD? The sd channel is good,the hd channel is scrambled,Pic & sound. Raleigh area.

I have yet to get a clear pic or sound on the hd channel.Some of the new hd channels will pixilate for a few secs.after tuning to them but clear right up.I will check the other tv tonight. If it keeps up I will call Direct.I have had HD since april last year.Installer said it was the first install of the new dish he had done.Thanks for the feedback,Moon.

I've had a few issues with FX HD, but they've happened when I wasn't really watching... MOST of the time. Like last night for Nip/Tuck, the picture had lines and stuff going through before N/T, but once the show started it was fine. I remember when the HD station first came on when Damages was still on, and one week the picture distortion was so bad that I had to go to the SD feed.
I'm getting a little annoyed though.. not to change the topic, but has anyone else experienced audio dropout issues on Cartoon Network? I don't watch it regularly, but I see Adult Swim almost every night and now the dropouts are becoming more frequent.

I to have noticed the white horizontal static lines on FXHD during some of the letter boxed
commercials and previews.

I checked last night,the bedroom fxhd is clear while the living room is distorted.I guess I have to call Direct.Unless someone has an idea what to do.Moon

I have a feeling the BBC on the box having problems needs to be replaced. If that doesn't fix the issue I'd say its a bad cable or worst case is a bad multiswitch. Either way I still think DirecTV needs to send you a replacement BBC for that box.

I have a feeling the BBC on the box having problems needs to be replaced. If that doesn't fix the issue I'd say its a bad cable or worst case is a bad multiswitch. Either way I still think DirecTV needs to send you a replacement BBC for that box.
Trust me these lines have nothing to do with the BBC's. They were there last week also at the end of Nip-n-Tuck. Only when they show the coming attractions when there is no HD feed from FX.

I changed the B-band converter & still have problems.I have the pixilation on other new HD channels but not all.2nd receiver is GTG.

I changed the B-band converter & still have problems.I have the pixilation on other new HD channels but not all.2nd receiver is GTG.
Your issue might be that your dish is not properly aligned. I had this issue when the new HD channels came on. They came out did a realignment and all is fine now.

I am having problems with FX hd and the Cartoon hd channels. I can't listen to them in dolby. I have had the techs replace 3 receivers, put a new dish and lnb up, replaced optical cables and the hdmi cable. They finally decided that it was a compatibilty issue between my Denon receiver and the way it is being broadcast by the channels. So I guess I'll have to live with it. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)