FXNow is now on the Roku

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Just as the title says, and well worth it just for the Simpsons content alone, but for some reason not offered to Sat.Providers, just to cable.

I can't stop watching the Simpsons, first thing I do is go to this app, I am so behind on watching things on the DVR, just hit 70% full.

The problem I have with FXNOW (using an Xfinity/Comcast account) is that it seems to lose authorization after each time I use it. Most of my other "TV Everywhere" apps seem to remember I've logged in for at least, say, 5-10 sessions of using them... but this one, it seems like I have to reauthorize it every time I use it, which is really annoying. I am using FXNOW on the Roku 2.

You have to do it every month.

Oh, that's annoying. So I guess that must mean that the individual channels (FX, ESPN, etc) don't have a "live" connection to Comcast, they just get a token back that says I have access for a month. That's not very impressive from a technical or a customer service standpoint. Thanks for the tip, because (although I haven't read the fine print) I never saw that advertised or indicated anywhere.

So convenient!:confused:
:D

That box has become quite the streaming machine for cable channel apps and the big name services. Once it gets sling, ill not have to change the inputs at all since I have my sat going through it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)