FYI - C-band lnbf to 3 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I have hooked up my c=band lnbf to the output of a A/B/C switch for the last week.

A input is really an output that goes to the HTS 70 receiver where lnbf is selected as the lnb so it allows me to see both vertical and horizontal analog without a digital receiver.

B input goes as an output to a 4:2:0 receiver. If I select B, it controls the polarity. I can see digital on the 420 and analog depending what polarity the 420 receiver is set at. I can watch analog ku if I select SBS 6 or AMC 2 satellites that go to the ku input.

C input is really an output to the 422 receiver. If I select C, the 422 receiver controls the polarity for the analog receiver. 420 receiver does not have to be used for c-band on slot B It can be on a ku dish.

So far, no problems and I've used all 3 scenarios. Right now analog is used for A input on IA 6 while the 420 receiver is on SBS 6 dish and the 422 receiver is on G11 Ku.

neat idea Mike

How is the hand moving of the dish working for you?

so you're using a A/B/C switch backwards (thats how I read it)

Yes, ABC switch in reverse. Hasn't caused any problems yet like voltage issues. I watch it all the time.

We have rocks in half the backyard. I've set the dish on a pallet. Bag of sand holds it down when it's windy. Most of the time I leave it off and the screw unbolted. I can get from G11 to Anik F2 easily. Trees effect G11 the same way it effects the ku dish. Anything West of that means it comes off of the pallet. I get G5 really well with TBN and the HBO channels. IA 13 and IA 7 take some work. I mainly just leave it on the pallet and watch T6 to AMC1 most of the time especially during baseball season. Football season is going to be nuts. I like it alot. Ive taped the lnbf for one location which I think effects the western birds. The G11 ku dish is basically useless now as the c-band dish blocks it, but it's the only place for the c-band dish. I have the IA8 one on G11 for the time being. I need to move the G11 dish to the patio to join the ku dishes of AMC 2 and SBS 6. I'm waiting a month or two before I do it.

I've got an old cable spool and the sandbag. With my TS at 38, the dish is top heavy. I can move from G11-AMC4 just by twisting the dish a little bit :)

cant go much farther east (KU dishes on roof block the view).

If I kill the plants on the patio, I can get AMC 3. I'll get some pictures up someday for you to see the c-bander. I've been working with the neighbors to get the trees cut/removed, but the HOA won't help. Anyway, if anyone wants to try a a/b/c switch in reverse it should work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts